• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel's dirty trick....or.......Intel's future, ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started to read it, then once I saw Intel Buy AMD, I thought of the date. Might get someone though. lol

i believe the financial advisor is wrong, you don't need 51% of a company to run it, you need majority. 25% could be majority if the other 75% is split among 20 owners. the guy who owns the most calls the shots, but some of the others can still unite and vote against his decisions by raising more than 25% under a common banner. 51% is usually recognized as majority since then, no matter who or how many own the rest, nobody can stand in your way.

Wrong and ignorant. Financial Advisor is right (me). I do stand corrected though about the 51% IT CAN BE 50.1% or anything greater than 50% if you want to be exact. HOWEVER, I stress the point that owning a >50% share of amd common stock MIGHT not give you any voting rights (changes from company to company). Only owning >50% of the amd prefered stock and amd common stock will give you will be sure to give you voting rights.

7keys said:
Intel's future, ...
Article By: Benoît Leterme
Date: 1-apr-2004

WhAt's going on.

What's going on with Intel? That's the question everybody is asking. Why didn't they switch their Prescott to 64-bit, why is the Extereme Edition the Extreme Expensive edition and why do they keep on throwing Celerons in our face? Although many of us might wonder what the answers are, AMD, in the meanwhile, is winning the race. 64-bit CPU's are taking over the market swiftly. Intel keeps on looking into BTX and other less important stuff (hmm ...). The Itanic or what most call the Titanic has actually hit the iceberg, and it didn't win. Bluetooth got smacked by Wi-Fi.

What we susPect is going on.

We have heard some rumours regarding Intel's plans. Yes Intel has thought this through, regarding what most of you think, because, why would any company play with torches when they can play with matches. We have learned from a source near Intel all recent events around the company and releases are just a cover-up (Thank god, it's finally explained I can hear you say). Because, be honest, why would anybody want to buy a CPU that runs 70°C, or a 2.8Ghz Celeron that gets outperformed by any CPU available on the market. Or even better you go out and buy the Pentium 4 EE and you find out you could have bought an entire setup for the same amount of money ... ouch. No, all this is secretly a trick from Intel.

Intel's TRIck

Intel, as you no doubt have noticed, is loosing ground to AMD, but what nobody knows is Intel is planning on buying AMD. Yes that's right, or it's almost right. Intel already owns a huge chunk of AMD. As most of you know AMD had a rough year. 2003 wasn't really what they had hoped for, so intel took advantage of the situation and bought huge parts of AMD when AMD's stock options were at their lowest point in years. Since AMD started producing high amounts of 64-bit during Q1 of 2004 AMD's stock options have gone throught the roof.

ConcLusion FOr OlL

Well, I'm sure you've all put it together and came to the conclusion yourself. But let me sum it all up: The reason why Intel has introduced these, let's call them less good, cpu's (Either they are too slow (Celeron), too hot(Prescott), too expensive (EE)) is simply because they want everybody to shift to AMD's 64-bit. When everybody has shifted to 64-bit CPU's, Intel will have made a fortune since they own almost 50% of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. When this has happened, Intel will introduce their own 64-bit desktop CPU version. By doing this all the Intel fanboys will once again shift to their favorite brand and Intel will make even more money.

One of my rules to live by is never to believe anything someone who can use capITol letters correctly. They generally aren't the brightest or wisest people.

Whoever really wrote it should consider that next April 1st;)

A better Intel April fools would have been to say the new Prescott stepping is out and runs at 5 degrees above ambient. People would be drooling... if someone was cleaver enough to fool anyone.

For an AMD April fools joke you could start a rumor that they are making a profit or gained 15% of Intels market share in March. Like wise, it would have to be done right to even be semi-believable.

This one gets a 0 out of 10 from me. Too unbelievable.

ps 7keys where did you pull this from? Linky please.

Re: Re: Intel's dirty trick....or.......Intel's future, ....

OC Noob said:

One of my rules to live by is never to believe anything someone who can use capITol letters correctly. They generally aren't the brightest or wisest people.

You did notice the non-gramatical capital letters spell APRIL FOOL ?

Re: Re: Re: Intel's dirty trick....or.......Intel's future, ....

Mosh said:

Good one I and I think everyone else totaly missed that. :)

superamd looks like ur the one wrong....wether u like it or not intel doesnt own part of amd or own amd as many people said over.. what... 2 people...like i said if they did things would be a lot different

I never said intel owned amd shares, I was just commenting on what would happen if they did

Re: Re: Intel's dirty trick....or.......Intel's future, ....

OC Noob said:

Whoever really wrote it should consider that next April 1st;)

A better Intel April fools would have been to say the new Prescott stepping is out and runs at 5 degrees above ambient. People would be drooling... if someone was cleaver enough to fool anyone.

For an AMD April fools joke you could start a rumor that they are making a profit or gained 15% of Intels market share in March. Like wise, it would have to be done right to even be semi-believable.

This one gets a 0 out of 10 from me. Too unbelievable.

ps 7keys where did you pull this from? Linky please.

Now wasn’t that a nice little April fools joke?
I knew a lot of you would take the bait. Congrats to Mosh for his sharp eye?

Link
http://www.datafuse.net/intelfuture.php

Re: Re: Re: Intel's dirty trick....or.......Intel's future, ....

Mosh said:

Nice, I definitly missed that. I was too busy noticing all the holes and faulty logic in the article to even notice. That was the only clever thing about it;)

7keys said:

Now wasn’t that a nice little April fools joke?
I knew a lot of you would take the bait. Congrats to Mosh for his sharp eye?

Link
http://www.datafuse.net/intelfuture.php

Thanks for the linkage.

I changed my mind, it did fool 1 person and the April Fools spelling was somewhat clever, so I give it a 2 out of 10. Hopefully next years will be more believable.

Back