• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This Possible? MASSIVE OVERCLOCK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What did 3DMark03 detect your core speed as? Also, when you are posting and you forget something, just edit your last post unless somebody posted after it. That makes the thread easier to follow.
I think that you should be getting a higher score than that on 03, especially if it was oced that high. It sounds to me that it applies the settings then when you run something that uses the speeds, it figures out that it can't use them that high, and then drops the clocks to a stable point, such as the 2D speed. That is exactly what my FX5700LE did when I could set my core speed to 1GHz on the core with stock cooling. Everything detected it at that speed, but my scores didn't improve. I later figured out that the card was just dropping speeds down.
If there is an option for it, set your 2D speed to that speed, not just your 3D speed. If you can do that, it will most likely lock up.

I got 1472 on my 9600 np AIW in 3dmark05. I was only able to get my core up around 450 and memory at 300-310. That is with the stock heat sink and copper ram sinks with an 80mm case fan blowing on them. Also your ATI tool is a BETA version which says that it could have errors.

yes that score is pretty low on your card, but without knowing the rest of your system i cant tell if whats at fault. this must just be a glitch in ati tool as your card should have already overheated and died

the rest of my system is:

Athlon64 3400 2.4ghz
1GB PC3200 Dual Channel RAM
ASUS A8VDELUXE mobo
40GB Western Digital HDD
500 watt psu
if i missed sumthin tell me

Ok. First and foremost, you have to realize that we do have an 'edit post' button. Please familiarize yourself with it. This is not IRC, and shotgunning messages into your own thread is frouned upon. It's called spamming.

When you have read this, please PM me and I'll unlock your thread. Until then, it stays locked.

Edit: PM recieved. Thread re-opened.

Last edited:
Well you can tell just look at the FPS in the window, 64FPS come on that should be much higher then that if it was OC'd.

Since that's a software overclock, I imagine the card itself is maxed at at whatever it maxes out at...like 500 or something?

Yeah, that's what I mean. Your software is telling the card to do 800 MHz and it goes, "Uh, whatever, **** you." and does it's maximum of, say 500 MHz (just an abitrary number).

Back