• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this price for Ballistix Tracer's too good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bet if you pay an extra $100 they'll throw in two attractive gifts.

At least they didn't try to charge you full price without asking.

DocGiggs said:
Ordering 5 at once probably tipped them off big time.

Nah. They seem to be a pretty small outfit. I think they would have caught it. Either way, I'm not out to screw anybody. Mistakes happen, and while I would have gladly taken them @ $269, I'm perfectly happy with $369.

ochungry said:
Here is what i think happened- some bimbo posted the @ cost price and didn't know that the company marked a hefty $100 profit on it.
In another word, Micron/crucial ripping you off.

Yep getting ripped off by a company that is trying to make money, what has this world come too? Companies need to make money off the items they sell in order to remain in business, not every company sells a 1000 units a day. Profit margins are usually larger for low volume companies as they can not survive on sheer volume.

Also I highly doubt the cost price of that ram is that much lower than the retail on that ram. I think the average mark-up is proboly 15% at the most.

Back