• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a 3258 on an ASrock Z97 Anniversary. Let's OC!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try different USB ports, IIRC it won't work with all of them just a select few.

Untitled_zps1a4e6c25.png

Currently stressing with P95 v 27.7

Seems stable so far. Tried 45 multi with same voltage and crashed 2 mins into P95. I don't want to add more voltage as temps already top out at 80C with this voltage at 44.

We will see if this turns out to be stable. I'll be happy enough with 4.4Ghz. It was a budget CPU after all. I can't see how people say these things overclock like snot on the stock cooler. I have an Actic F7 pro on it which is significantly more beefy and Im hitting 80C at under 1.4V for crying out loud.

Maybe I got a bad high leakage bum overclocker. Who knows. It was cheap and cheerful and it gets the job done.

X99 is coming. We're collecting computers in my house. Built an AM1 desktop for my mom's room and this HTPC for my living room. I might throw my old 580 in it, get an xbox controller, and do some on the couch gaming with my steam account. I have the 580, I might as well use it. That way it can double as HTPC and games console. Still, having a 980 in the PC in my office I wonder if I'd bother playing games on the HTPC at all...

THe way I've been saving (I haven't), the X99 system won't be in the cards until perhaps August :(.

I shall have my dream PC though, oh yes. Should be able to recoup some of the money spent on the X99 system selling my P67 system.

Why did I buy 2 low spec computers instead of saving for 1 high spec computer? We "sort of" needed them. Well, we didn't need them, but we could benefit from them, so we got them. All in it was $1100 for both systems. I also bought my 6 year old favorite cousin an ipad for christmas with a fifty dollar itunes card so as you can see my saving up skills are abysmal...

Last edited:
Issue: P95 27.7 says it doesn't recognize my CPU type so it is using Pentium 4 FFT's. Will this still validate my overclock? Or do I need a different version that will use AVX or something like that?
Advice please?

Can't. Newest version overheats Haswell INSTANTLY. You should know this.:popcorn:

Well the newest version is the only way your CPU will show properly.
Yes, AVX instructions heat up more. No, it won't kill the chip.

I've run the AVX instructions through XTU at 4.7GHz on ambient with the 4770K. Surely you can manage to hold a dual core temp.

Well the newest version is the only way your CPU will show properly.
Yes, AVX instructions heat up more. No, it won't kill the chip.

I've run the AVX instructions through XTU at 4.7GHz on ambient with the 4770K. Surely you can manage to hold a dual core temp.

Im already hitting 88C at 1.439V with P4 FFTs

AVX will turn my chip into a well toasted dorito.

Have a look at CPU-Z. The G3258 does not support any of the new AVX instructions. That is why they overclock so well. These CPUs still get warm but no AVX instructions means they do not overheat quite like the other Haswell chips do.

zlQ92X4.png

Have a look at CPU-Z. The G3258 does not support any of the new AVX instructions. That is why they overclock so well. These CPUs still get warm but no AVX instructions means they do not overheat quite like the other Haswell chips do.

zlQ92X4.png

Nice catch there, I didn't realize they didn't have the new instructions.

Also "overclock so well" is very relative though. I can get my i7 to higher speeds with lower voltage than the G3258's are getting.

Who brought you the pop corn?

Me Mahm. I'm going to need a diaper change soon. Hope she's around. She' stepped out for a bit.

couch-potato.jpg

Back