• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lets c whos the king of speed .. i feel like overclocking ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catman25

Registered
yes ,welcome to todays episode of who's a avidoverclocker.
Today we'll be working with a unlocked athlon +1700xp
Sitting on a MSI k7t turbo
kingston 384mb sdram 133(will it hit 150??)
dragon orb 3 to cool
Right now its over clocked to =[email protected]
temps are-idle 40c full44-45c
vcore is1.75
11x135fsb....lets see what you suggest?? up voltage ??up fsb???im a wimpy newbie that needs the proper teachings..loll...no seriously im a 24 yr old shmo.. that dont know nuttin ..please help me key in this overclock

As you increase the fsb or multiplyer then you will have to up the voltage to maintain stability but as you increase voltage the cpu temp will go up so you will need a better heatsink than that dragon orb . Read the heatsink reviews on the oc.com front page as well as the link WarriorII provided. Good luck :)
Randy

hows this?1.69g(damn 1.7)
vcore is maxed at 1.85
147x's11.5=1.690.5

my fsb tested great at 150(ran multiple test at same time and no reboots or stops)
tried 150x11.5 and it froze with sisandra and passmark both burning at same time...
my temps are this
idle=45-46c full52c how are my temps??any suggestions to hit a even 1.7??is this overclock up to par??thanks ...why would my fsb boot fine at 150 but 151 no boot at all???does 1 degree matter that much??

I agree with Ozzman, if you want to do anymore overclocking you are going to have to go with a top notch heat sink/ fan combo
for example a ThermalRight AX7 or a Swiftech MC462A with a
Delta 80mm screamer and also make sure your case cooling is up to par. Once you have the proper cooling you should be able to hit your goal of 1.7 ghz providing your ram is up to the task.
Randy

wanna hear something wierd??ok im at 1.7 havent stressed it yet ..but ..i put a blorb on my northbrigde.and my cpu temps dropped like 4c idle its at 42c full 46c. how much cooler is the safe zone??

something most people forget is case cooling.. its VERY important since ur cpu temps go and to hand with ur case temps.. ur shoting for below 27c prefubly below 25c also u might want what im using the alpha 8045 im doing 35c idle at 2.06 vcore with 23c case temp..

what is the key of cooling case??this is my setp up.for the record all wires and cables are hiding .Like i mean audio wires are behind the motherboard.Ide cable are folded behind by the mother board.There is no wires going across the motherboard to restrict air flow.Up on top in between my harddrive and power supply i have a 90'blow hole.in from i have a hard drive cooler not cooling hardrive but blowing air @ cpu level.i have a intake port in from of case 80'double stacked fans.1 80'case fan in back cpu level exhausting.i have a blorb on my northbridge.let me try to attach some pics and youll see what i mean .

Attachments

• 4cat.jpg
    4cat.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 48
heres the changes i made since i did these pics.. i moved the harddrive cooler in between the cd-rom .there 2 80' fans double stacked in the front port..any suggestions on what i can do ??

Back