• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li PC-G70B Impressions/Pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAKF1127

Hey guys, I'm pretty sold on getting a Lian-Li PC-G70B from performance-pcs.com and have them install the side window and casters for me.

However before I did, I wanted to ask if anyone owns this case could give me their thoughts, what they like, don't like, what they have done to it or plan to do. Also if you could post any pictures that'd be cool too.

It looks as though this thing would rock for either air or water cooling... you guys agree?

Makf1127

I have one; I got it for my WC set up. First think I did was drill the four rivets on the top cover out so I could pop the top off to mod it for my rad. In doing this I noticed that the side panels that were hard to take off were now easy to take off after I put the top back on. (You can also just pop the top to clean the dust off the rad). You can also drill the four rivets holding the hard drive rack out and move it over if you want. The 3 ½ bay will unscrew out but you can’t put the covers back on for the front less you tape them back. If I hit the front panel it will sometimes turn the computer off. (The switch must be very close mating up to the on/off switch to the case. but I didn’t try to fix it yet). All in all it’s a great case. You can put a PA 120.3 rad in in with two pumps and a 2X rad in the bottom and still have room for about 4 more hardrives and two DVD drives. (It also comes with a back plate for 5 more hard drives) sorry no pics,, need to try it one day.

thanks for the reply :).

I do have a question... I see a lot of people modding this case by putting a radiator with three fans in the top of the case. I'm just wondering if you can explain this process in detail. I've never done any case modding, so I'm not really up on the lingo. You need to use a dremel or something to cut a hole in the top? Or what? Sorry I am not much of a handy man yet when it comes to drilling and cutting and the like.

thx :D

MAKF1127 said:
thanks for the reply :).

I do have a question... I see a lot of people modding this case by putting a radiator with three fans in the top of the case. I'm just wondering if you can explain this process in detail. I've never done any case modding, so I'm not really up on the lingo. You need to use a dremel or something to cut a hole in the top? Or what? Sorry I am not much of a handy man yet when it comes to drilling and cutting and the like.

thx :D

You can put the 120.3 in the bottom also, and put the ps on the top. I might of did it this way also. Id put it in the bottom if you dont feel good about doing the top mod. (but you wont be able to use the lower HD tray.)
I would read a lot about WC in the forums first before I try to mod the top. Its easy to do but if you mess it up thats that. Lots of ways to cut aluminum, its faster to cut then steel. You have to plan ahead also, make sure all your parts will fit before you cut because its hard to go back.

Back