• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Llano dual graphics to Trinity dual graphics???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok guys so my wife has been buggin me about an upgrade on her system. Right now she is using an A8 3870K @ 3.6Ghz + 6670 1gb GDDR5 version in dual graphics. She really doesn't do anything particularly CPU intensive. The most strenuous things she does on her computer is occasional light photoshop work and playing D3/GW2. So discarding any minor losses in CPU performance is the Trinity iGPU performance gain potentially worth while since they both accept the 6670 as there partner GPU?

I haven't spent much time playing with the graphics yet on mine ssj. I can tell you that the core performance by itself is much faster than the previous phenom cored llanos. However until the bios issues all get resolved the video performance is getting skewed on testing, So i can't really show a performance yet.

Amd Claims that the a10 llanos should perform at around 6000 point for a vantage score. Vs the 4000ish stock out of a a8 llano. Like I said performance wise I haven't been able to confirm this due to bios problems, but I did pull off roughly 4500 at stock speeds with a a10. However the ram was at 6-16-17 21 2t. Which is gaurenteed to skew the performance of the video alot on a setup like this.

I can tell you that the core performance by itself is much faster than the previous phenom cored llanos. However until the bios issues all get resolved the video performance is getting skewed on testing, So i can't really show a performance yet.

Really I assumed that the core performance would fall atleast somewhat being that its based on the same general architecture as BD is. I suppose though it is probably alot more likely to clock well past 4Ghz unlike Llano.

Its more piledriver than bd. the core the llanos where based around was also closer the Phenom 1's than the than the phenom 2's in way of cache design. Which is what caused so many problems with the phenom 1's. I was doing 4.8ghz yesterday on Ghetto water. The 10's with a stock speed of 38-42 will easily do 4.2ghz on all cores aslong as adequate cooling is provided. They will not do it with stock cooling, The die heats up way to fast similar to the llanos.

The temps i was seeing where in the range of 17-47c from idle to 4core load. Wasn't running lynx this time. Just Wprime 32m.

Ok guys so my wife has been buggin me about an upgrade on her system. Right now she is using an A8 3870K @ 3.6Ghz + 6670 1gb GDDR5 version in dual graphics. She really doesn't do anything particularly CPU intensive. The most strenuous things she does on her computer is occasional light photoshop work and playing D3/GW2. So discarding any minor losses in CPU performance is the Trinity iGPU performance gain potentially worth while since they both accept the 6670 as there partner GPU?

Hi SSJwis and TJ,

I have not tried dual graphics on my A6s. From what I've read, based on IGPs, Trinity's gaining 20-30% on the IGP side, compared to Llano.

From a budget perspective, I'm using the IGP for games like BF3, Fear2, Sleeping Dogs with low-med settings. It does play.
Same budget perspective, the need to get a new motherboard a 20% gain in IGP does not work for me.

When the 6670 DDR5 is plugged in for dual graphics, does the system utilise the DDR5 discrete ram OR is the DDR3 system ram still in use for graphics?

Last edited:
Hi SSJwis and TJ,
When the 6670 DDR5 is plugged in for dual graphics, does the system utilise the DDR5 discrete ram OR is the DDR3 system ram still in use for graphics?

Both, the iGPU still uses system RAM and the discrete card uses its own vRAM. Dual Graphics on the Llano chips is pretty smooth now days. The last issue that me and my wife had with it was more related to the 12.5/6 driver and less about the actual graphics config.

Back