• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a piece of software to help automate creation of folders.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

As i said in the title i have a bunch of old tv shows that i recorded via capture card years ago and i have the proper names on the files but now i would like to place each file into a folder of it's own. i have around 400 files and would really like to not have to copy the title and then make a folder and paste the name then move the file into it manually. has anyone ever heard or use any type of software that could help me automate the process?

I have found a program call files 2 folders, anyone use this or other programs?

I bet powershell could do this without too much issue. Are all of the files located in a single folder?

As i said in the title i have a bunch of old tv shows that i recorded via capture card years ago and i have the proper names on the files but now i would like to place each file into a folder of it's own. i have around 400 files and would really like to not have to copy the title and then make a folder and paste the name then move the file into it manually. has anyone ever heard or use any type of software that could help me automate the process?

I have found a program call files 2 folders, anyone use this or other programs?

you want a folder for each individual episode or for each series?

Back