• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I’m looking at the XFX or MSI card. I would have bought the XFX card right now. I don’t mind spending 800 and change (the current price of the XFX card), but I read reviews that the XFX card has noise issues under load and I value a quiet card more than price. Does anyone have the XFX card (7900 XT or XTX) and have issues with loud fans or coil whine?

Loud fans will be covered in any review and coil whine varies even from within the same model, so it's tough to hang your hat on crowdsourced info here. Also, which model, exactly? There's the MERC and Gaming/Two different heatsink configs with two audio profiles (different heatsinks, different fans). If the review says they are noisey.......I'd look towards the MSI models.

Last edited:
I have an MSI now and it is great. I probably will stick with MSI. Thanks. I was looking at the MERC black edition.

Last edited:
Back