• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost a two rigs to a stupid paranoid parent...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
Lost two rigs to a stupid paranoid parent...

I've been running folding on the office machine and my sisters computer and now my mom thinks I'm running some kind of virus and claims it's slowing down her machine (which was actually having a motherboard crap out, Dells suck).

So I've lost another 1.416Ghz of folding power because she's naive of computing. Folding also keeps displaying the HTML of some pages she visits for some unknown reason. That bothered her more than anything else...

Is there some way to run Folding completely hidden in Windows 98SE?

Last edited:
Re: Lost two rigs to a stupid paranoid parent...

Captain Slug said:
I've been running folding on the office machine and my sisters computer and now my mom thinks I'm running some kind of virus and claims it's slowing down her machine (which was actually having a motherboard crap out, Dells suck).

So I've lost another 1.416Ghz of floding power because she's naive of computing. Folding also keeps displaying the HTML of some pages she visits for some unknown reason. That bothered her more than anything else...

Is there some way to run Folding completely hidden in Windows 98SE?
There is a program called HIDEIT. www.expocenter.com/hideit/Be careful though. As a parent I would rather be convinced than decieved.:)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm in a better mood now that I have MY second rig up and folding (Duron 950).
I'll simply ask my sister if I can run F@H on her machine either in her name or mine. And I'm posting the classifieds to find a classic Celeron to finish off my third machine (which will fold also).

I think I have one celeron 366 OC to 523 at 2V laying around. PM me if you are interested.
And I'm posting the classifieds to find a classic Celeron to finish off my third machine (which will fold also).

Guys, get those CPUs some homes. They can't fold in a box.

steve

run it as a service : go to regedit, in blahblah local machine, software, microsoft, windows, current version, runservices, and add an entry to Folding, with the -service switch at the end. It'll work (or so it did with older versions)

Back