• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m3a79-t beeps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrbobc

every so often my mobo beeps like it was just switched on, before bios. its just a single beep and it sounds exactly the same as when my pc posts, but nothing happens on screen:confused:

i could be doing anything, surfing, playing a game, listening to music, scans, benches or any number of them at any one time. there doesnt seem to be a specific reason for it to happen and it only happens maybe once or twice in a few hours or some days not at all but it still bugs me.

anyone have any idea why this is happening? it never happened on my old mobo.

Are you sure? It may be Windows rebooting with a stop error, (but can't see the BSOD on the monitor, because it occurs real fast) which is a horrible sign.

why what does that mean?

it doesnt reboot and theres no error logged!

ive just rechecked and there were events today around the time it beeped.

they were the only 2 and they were both volmgr, id46, 'crash dump initialization failed' could it be this? i checked the online help and it didnt recognise the error

i was thinking maybe is it something to do with overheating too? i know my mobo gets hot, up to 49 is the highest but pcprobe is set to warn at 45

Back