• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mandrake 9.1 on 1.2Gb HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mandrake has a sort of reputation for being bloated, so unless you do a custom install and know exactly what you want and don't want, space is going to be a problem.

I personally would use Slackware or Debian on a hard drive of that size. The default Debian install, for instance, is only 50 MB. You use apt-get from there to install what you want.

ok well i did install it but then i tried an old HDD that used to give a S.M.A.R.T. error.. i guess sitting in a box fixed it:D now i have 30gb of lunix fun:D so im gonna mess around with Mandrake until i ccan get distros...

its kinda funny i just got the extra parts so i have this sytem laying out in a box in the corner of my room lol:D
(mods i dont mind if you delete or keep this either way i dont need it anymore though others might :D)

Back