• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maximum vcore voltage for gigabyte 970a ds3p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

octoberfest

i want to overclock a fx8320 on this mobo i tried 1.4v and it was pretty stable, i just wonder if i can go any further. it was currently running at 4.4ghz.

I would avoid overclocking an 8-core FX on that woefully inadequate VRM.

i want to overclock a fx8320 on this mobo i tried 1.4v and it was pretty stable, i just wonder if i can go any further. it was currently running at 4.4ghz.

As ATM said, u better not do it. A friend has the same mobo with a FX6350 and it's squized to 1.47v to get near 4.5 . No VRM cooling, I had to get fans blowing over the VRMs like crazy to keep it alive and even so, I don't know how long it will last. In case you want to OC NB, it's a pain as well.

I agree with the others, please don't overclock any more than a quad core on that board, it can only lead to things blowing up.
turn off 4 cores in the bios please, you'll never even know you have turned them off.

I agree with the others, please don't overclock any more than a quad core on that board, it can only lead to things blowing up.
turn off 4 cores in the bios please, you'll never even know you have turned them off.

He could just leave that to the side and grab an Asus M5A97. Can decently overclock on that without being afraid of the VRMs blowing up! :D

Back