• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maxtor 300gig ultra 16 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoMan

Registered
I just bout this hard drive and I plugged it in to my sata1 spot I also have a primary IDE1 tha is the boot drive. Now It registers 300g capacity in the bios...when I put it on "large" instead of auto. When I created a partition using windows install disk it only registers as 127gig...so I formatted it anyway with ntfs and it will only register as a 127 gig in windows. How do I get this harddrive to register as a 300gig? The system is running off of the sli-delux asus board.

there are 2 things you can do here. If you dont have SP1 or above do this. take your maxblast cd and boot off it and go to setup hard disk. when you get to the point that it asks you which OS you are using select xp and to the right also check the one that says w/sp1. then the next screen will ask you if you are sure that your OS supports drives larger than 137gb, selct yes and format the way you normally do.

Last edited:
Thanks man that worked great...never had to do that before..

Back