• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory bandwidth real low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EP3R

I hope i'm not disobeying forum rules but my memory bandwidth is only 1300mb/s and it was at 800mb/s when memory interleave was turned off.

I have a P4 2.4C ECS P4VMM2 which has a P4V266a chipset i think. I only found out I had a memory problem when testing my computer with sisoft

Here's a pic of the stick of memory:

mem.JPG

Well I've never heard of that chipset in my life but from what I could find the only FSB this thing supports is 100 to 166MHz. So with single chanel and 100Mhz FSB that score isn't all that wrong. If you have a 2.4C you should really get and 865/875 chipset board and some DC memory to go with it

Steve

That's about half what it should generate. Your problem may well be that this chipset (and motherboard) do not support the 2.4c cpu. Without the proper microcode in the bios it's just luck that it runs at all, and no surprise that it's not running well. I would suggest a motherboard upgrade, your 2.4c is not going to do you a whole lot of good on that board.

Your right, but thats pathetic, it supports 533fsb (there's a 533fsb sticker beside the cpu socket), but when I check the ECS site the board isnt listed in the 533 section. So i've now bandaded it turning the fsb down to 400.

I think this is the reason for my low memory bandwidth?

The memory controller says it supports 1way interleave and is currently at 1way

memcontroller.gif

but the memory section says it is at 4way

mem.gif

Got my own specs wrong then, I have a 2.4B and now its detuned to 400fsb. Before at 533fsb, it would hang a lot, and at 400fsb now it runs stable. I used Prime95 with 533 and it wouldnt even last a minute..and at 400fsb i stressed for an hr and it didnt crash...

i think i'm gonna go ***** at ecs, since their revision numbers are all messed up..

Here's a thought. You say that you're running 400 FSB right now, and your memory is at 133. That means you're using the 3:4 memory divider. When you try to run at 533 FSB, are you still using the 3:4 divider? If you are then your pc2700 ram is running at 177 and that may be the reason for your instability.

Duner

At 533fsb, sisoft tells me that im overclocking even when the manual for the mobo says it supports 533..

And the memory mutliplier is now that 1/1x so thats fine.. and all of a suden i can run Prim95 now.. guess i'll try somemore..

533.gif

Last edited:
Think I FIXED it..

How high should memory efficiency be? Is 91% ok?

Attachments

• 91.gif
    91.gif
    88.8 KB · Views: 47
Back