• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Just Purchased ZeniMax Media / Bethesda for $7.5 billion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This can be very bad for Bethesda devs, they may actually be forced to finish a game before they launch it...

Generally I would agree but to me Microsoft has been good (or should I say better) about game companies it purchases than other companies. EA for example leaves a trail of dead games behind it as it buys up other companies and forces them to rush releases and add dumb content.

Generally I would agree but to me Microsoft has been good (or should I say better) about game companies it purchases than other companies. EA for example leaves a trail of dead games behind it as it buys up other companies and forces them to rush releases and add dumb content.

That was more a dig at Bethesda and their tendancy to release beta products, lol.

(Like I'm not buying most of their stuff on launch day and playing the hell out of it anyway...)

I can't stand when companies do that. Unfortunately it happens too often these days. I thought the new Doom was great though. Can't remember if I bought it at release but a very fun game.

I can't stand when companies do that. Unfortunately, it happens too often these days. I thought the new Doom was great though. Can't remember if I bought it at release but a very fun game.

Yeah, the games made by id proper are a different class than main Bethesda titles (elder scrolls and fallout) with how long in the tooth that engine is and the number of bugs/etc involved in it.

Back