• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monthly roundup of water cooling's best components[Retired Sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anybody here ever tested the Innovatek G-Flow blocks, from Germany?

I currently have one installed and it seems to be a pretty decent piece. Unfortunately my current WC system/loop sucks monkeyballz, but that is soon to change I hope. Idle temps are currently over 40 degrees Celsius since my radiator can't really cope. Haven't done anything about it since I'm waiting in an AC Aquaduct which I plan to play around with soon :)

I've also ordered a D-Tek Fuzion, so if anybody is interested I could ofcourse do a round-up between those two blocks myself if I find the time.

In that case I'd like to get some pointers on what to keep in mind for such a job, as I've never really done it. I'm then referring to measures to make the results 'count' and 'reliable'. Such as perhaps several mounts, to avoid/minimize effect of better or poorer mounts? But how long to test, break-in time for AS5 or MX2 is some weeks but if I simply do not 'use' break-in times for any given mount, it should still be possible to do a proper comparison?

ah well... i'm ranting.

*edit*
clarified idle temps by adding unit :)

Obviously this person works for sharkacomputers as this is the second thread he has pointed to products on that one site.

The Dtek Fuzion and the Swiftech Apogee GTX are the two best blocks on the market period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously this person works for sharkacomputers as this is the second thread he has pointed to products on that one site.

The Dtek Fuzion and the Swiftech Apogee GTX are the two best blocks on the market period.
But I must add - "for IHS processors". ;)

While I haven't tried either of the newer blocks yet I can't imagine either one working better than a Storm on a bare chip ...

Have there been any recent reviews on new blocks/pumps/rads or anything? I haven't been 100% in the loop but I haven't seen any innovation in a while.

Also, is the first page in this updated at all? I'm wondering if there are any decent upgrades to my Black Ice Extreme 3 for a decent price. I was thinking about trying out the MC320 or whatever it is, but I don't know how it perfoms relatice to my rad.

Thanks.

In my opinion if you're running any 3 fan radiator with decent fans you won't see a huge drop in temps. Save your money and spend it on better hardware.

I've not seen anyone comment on the MIPS computer Gmbh chipset and MOSFET blocks. I'm wondering if the flow rate through their blocks is high enough to allow me to water cool CPU, GPU, NB, SB and MOSFETS in a single serial loop using the Thermaltake P500 pump.

eyema thinking about going water yall is this thread still valid enough for decision makeing ?

how bout some of the all in 1 kits ? eye know anything thats all in 1 uasually is trash but ... thats what eye came here for to find your take on it all ;) fold on !

eyema thinking about going water yall is this thread still valid enough for decision makeing ?

how bout some of the all in 1 kits ? eye know anything thats all in 1 uasually is trash but ... thats what eye came here for to find your take on it all ;) fold on !

All in 1 is usually bad unless it's a Petra's or Swiftech or something.

Bump for thread resurrection.

We got some new WC products from Freser out there. Anybody know about the new Rads??. I was thinking about swapping my PA160 for a dual. The 160 is just too wide for where I want to put it.

Last edited:
Would a D-Tek Fuzion V2 + Quad Core Chamber Insert + Quad Core Accelerator Nozzle = The best block for a Quad .. lol .. Also, anyone know of any chipset blocks that are compatible with reference 790i boards? .. Ooo and can you get like a pump+res in one type things? ..

I don't know why this was taken off the sticky list, except that maybe V_R doesn't have time to keep it current.

Anyways, a bump back to the front page because I find it handy. :cool:

This is a 5 year old thread... Not sure it will be updated, sorry.

That said, start your own thread here in the water cooling section! Tell us what you want to be cooled and your budget and we can help you pick some things out!

Also, there are sticky threads in this section which will give you an idea of what you are doing. Read those, perhaps twice or three times, and see what parts you can come with as well.

Looking forward to seeing your other thread!

Wow, I completely forgot about this thread.

I appreciate the request, but I'm rather out of touch on water cooling parts lately. There are tons of good resources, including our members here, for selection cooling components. I'd be happy to dig some up if you would like.

Back