• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MousePads to damper noise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niloc

I have heard of people doing this, and I was wondering if it really works...I would like to find a cheap way to make my case not as loud and I was wondering if this really works that good.

I have seen some people do that and they say it works and proved it with that Radio Shack db reader. I think they said their temps rose a little but not more than 2-3C. I have never done it as I only have 1 extra mouse pad.

Last edited:
I have pretty good luck with LPDE PERFORATED FOAM. Less than a $1.00USD for 40cm X 40cm. It's also got an adhesive backing to it.

Just to add to this, I just picked up a HUGE mousepad at CompUSA. It's 17 3/4" X 13 3/4" and cost $9 and change. I got the perty blue one, but they had other colors too. It's the usual 1/4" thick neoprene with a colored fabric on one side...says it will work with optical mice too (if you want one for the desk also).

Just a nice huge mousepad. It's nice not having to reposition all the time while using my PaintShop Pro. It's almost the same width as my ergonomic keyboard!

Here's a pic...That's a full 12" ruler.

That is pretty sweet. But I have a Logitech optical so I don't need a mouse pad. Even though you said that it is good for optical mice, mine still works good without a mouse pad.

m_mike_k said:
That is pretty sweet. But I have a Logitech optical so I don't need a mouse pad. Even though you said that it is good for optical mice, mine still works good without a mouse pad.

It's not so much the surface that the opticals will work on, but the texture of the surface is an issue. If you intend to keep your mouse tracking properly as time goes on, use a mouse pad. Reason? Flip your mouse over and look at the little teflon pads. On a surface like Formica™, or simmilar surface they will wear out pretty quick. More quickly if you're a gamer and play with a slow mouse speed for accuracy.

Back