• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingslayer

Ok here's a quikie of my system.

Abit VP-6 with dual 800EB's @ 1002Mhz
Global-Win FOP-32's
512 meg Crucial PC-133 CAS-2
2 Fujitsu 10Gig in RAID-0
Radeon 64DDR with Gorb and mem sinks
SB Live
3Com 3C905-B TX NIC with greenie on chipset
44x CDROM
4xsomethingx32 Ricoh CDRW
10 Gig Maxtor in removeable bay
LS-120
Floppy
New-Q Gold DSP Equalizer
Apex Supercase with window on top and side. Blue neon. 4 channel audio outs modded into back of case. 300W PSU.
92mm fan modded into rear, 80mm up front, 2x80mm in rear.
Case badge says "Evil Inside"

Very nice job! I particularly like the blue colour scheme - nice to see you've paid attention to little things like that, rather than just using any old wires/cables/hsfs :)

The case is an Apex Supercase. I used to work in a local computer store and I picked it up from one of our suppliers about a year ago. It was $60 with 300W PSU and casters. You can get them now from TigerDirect for $80 with the same PSU. But their shipping will kill you. There are some case dealers that stock these cases though.

The PSU is a 300W Deer. It's going to get swapped out for a big Enermax once I get around to it.

I like the blue theme. I really wanted to go green, but the blue piece at the bottom of the case kinda hosed that. Other than that I'm almost happy with it. I'll never be happy with it, but that's what makes me a modder/overclocker.

The windows I made myself, custom cut the plexi and used thin weatherstripping for the edges, I don't like the stuff online, it's too thick. The heatsinks on the Radeon are from two P1 class heatsinks. I put a 486 fan on the chipset heatsink, but that may give way to an orb, I haven't decided. I think it's cooling better this way.

Back