• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first overclock on a XP2400+is it ok

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
Hi all this is my first attempt at overclocking my XP2400+

FSB 167 Multi 14x @2355Mhz
Memory Timings Aggressive
Active Precharge Delay 7
Cas Delay 3
Ras Precharge Delay 3
Latency 2.5T
AGP Frequency 68 Mhz
PCI Locked
Graphics card Core 382.50 Memory 688.50

Voltages
CPU Vcore 1.850v
DDR Reference Voltage 2.7v
AGP VDDQ Voltage 1.6v

Temp 20 deg motherboard 48 deg cpu

PSU Tusunmi 300w

3D Mark Score 16278 http://service.futuremark.com/servl...rojectdetails&projectType=6&projectId=6354758

System

Asus A7N8X Delux, Althlon XP2400+,Ebuyer 512 Mb 2700 (333), Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro, 40Gb (7200rpm)hdd, plus seven fans

I think ive gone as far as i can go but anymore sugestions please.
As it is this forum that helped me reach these goals Thanx All:D

What RAM do you have? If it's PC3200 or good PC2700 you probably can make the RAM timings much more aggressive.

Maybe you try lowering your cas latency to 2.0. Also worth considering is upping your ddr voltage to 2.8, but not much higher. May give you a few mhz more of headroom for the ram. But thats a very nice overclock all around, and excellent 3dmark scores.

weve got exactly the same rig lol except for the ram...
have you oced the video card?
which drivers are you using?
which mobo drivers are you using?

try more agressive memory timings (smthng like mine)
cant you increase your fsb more?
i can get the same results with you at lower fsb,i had to reduce the oc to get a higher bus and thus better 3dmark 2001 results

Last edited:
Thanx Gautam i will try youre advise:)

Hey Nuttah you have but youre memory will be dual band er i think thats better er i think again..:)

Slow burn ive just ordered some Corsair 512Mb 3200 DDR 400 please say ive bought the right memory:)

hi xsquared thanx ..yip think yr right... ill have to wait for my corsair memory to come thro the post and then might be able to raise the fsb a little:):)

have to do what gautam said and raise the ddr voltage as well

Any more tips anyone!

Back