• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My friend is looking to sell on eBay, and needs some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
I've been out of the loop for a little while on current pricing, so what do you think my friends comp is worth, it consists of the following components.

CPU: AMD64 3200+ Winchester core (socket 939) w/ stock heatsink
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX
RAM: 1GB (2x512MB) of Windata DDR-3200 CL 2.5
Video: Sapphire X700 Pro 256MB PCI-E
HDD: WD 80GB SATA
Optical: Lite-on DVD/CD-RW combo
Case: Some glowing eyes one, looks pretty sweet, cost him like $35 I think, the PSU was also included.
PSU: Came included with the case

No O.S. is included, and he has all the original retail boxes, manuals, CDs, etc... What do you think it's worth, never really been oced either.

I'd say as a rough estimate probably between about $400 and $470, but it can be a bit difficult selling a whole PC on ebay, as people often don't like to pay for the shipping of a bulky case. Not having an OS might not help either.

There is no way anyone would pay $400 for that computer. The parts separately are worth maybe $300. You have to discount for buying them all at once, and shipping will kill you. I would say 250 max with $75 shipping.

I agree that its not worth 400 but then again I have no real experience with ebay and the people who buy computers there. I have seen a $19.99 game with the price sticker still on it in the pic, and the game was readily avalible that that price I might add, sell for more then 20 before shipping.

I used a brand new PC I saw ebay with a similar spec for that estimate, but it being new and me being in the UK probably made it a bit on the high side.

Try selling it in a local newspaper or magazine's classifieds, you'll find people are more willing to buy when they only live a few miles away.

Yea, he saw it was only going for around $300 on eBay, so he decided to keep it, as it's not really worth selling when he can still game on it.

Back