• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Mobo for my new System!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbrko

Registered
This is my first system that I am building and I need advice on the last component to purchase .. the mobo!

I have :
1.2G tbird (200Mhz fsb)
2x 256mb Crucial CAS2
2x 40Gb WD ATA100 drives
ATI Radeon 64Mb ddr with vivo
SB Live Plat 5.1
IOmega 12x10x32 burner
Acer 16x DVD
Antec sx830 case
Win 2k Pro
19" Samsung 950p

Up until last week I thought that I had narrowed it down to the Abit KT7A-R. But after checking out the rave reviews for the IWill KK266-R and noticing all the problems associated with the Abit (Win2k and SB Live issues to name just 2), I think that I am now leaning towards the IWill.

Before I make this last leap, can anyone issue me some last minute guidance?

Thanks!! :)

tbrko (Feb 28, 2001 08:59 p.m.):
This is my first system that I am building and I need advice on the last component to purchase .. the mobo!

I have :
1.2G tbird (200Mhz fsb)
2x 256mb Crucial CAS2
2x 40Gb WD ATA100 drives
ATI Radeon 64Mb ddr with vivo
SB Live Plat 5.1
IOmega 12x10x32 burner
Acer 16x DVD
Antec sx830 case
Win 2k Pro
19" Samsung 950p

Up until last week I thought that I had narrowed it down to the Abit KT7A-R. But after checking out the rave reviews for the IWill KK266-R and noticing all the problems associated with the Abit (Win2k and SB Live issues to name just 2), I think that I am now leaning towards the IWill.

Before I make this last leap, can anyone issue me some last minute guidance?

Thanks!! :)

i have just built a new system built on an epox8kta3+ with 1 gig t'bird. so far a brilliant board very stable and so easy to build. it also has raid support for your two hadr drives.

Back