• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED ADVICE ON THERMALRIGHT SK6 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foggy

Registered
JUST BOUGHT A NEW COOLERCASE "EXTREME " FROM OVERCLOCKERS. UK IT SEEMS THE DOGS ! + THEMALRITE SK6 WITH THE SMALL FAN, ! NOT DELTA FAN . RUNNIN 1.3G Y AXIA 604 + HERCULES ULTRA + S BLASTA LIVE !CRUCIAL 256 X 2 MEM. HOW DO U MOUNT COOLER WITH OR WITHOUT PAD ? IVE WITHOUT !WITH ARCTIC SILVER .TEMPS R **** 48 DEG IDLE N 52 LOADED WITHOUT BEING CLOCKED ( I KNOW THIS IS WAY TOO HOT TO ATTEMPT ! ) .THE FAN ON THE THERMAL RITE SEEMS TO BE RUNNIN WAY TOO SLOW 3600-375 ! IT FLUCTUATES. IM USIN A 300 WAT POWER SUPP. BUT THERE IS 8 CASE FANS IN THE EXTREME + THE PSU FAN, IS THIS MY PROBS VOLTAGE ?PLUS I HAVE aADSL CONNECTION TO NET RUNNIN FROM USB HUB .
HOW DO I OVERCLOCK MY 1.3 ON ASUS A7V RAID WHEN MULTIPLER ONLY GOES TO 12.5 , NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE PLS GUYS THNKS.

Please don't shout. I took the delta out of my system, so I can hear just fine now. :)
You should also watch your language, profanity is rather strongly frowned upon here.

First off, you should use ASII to fill the gap between hsf and cpu. DEFINATELY take that thermal pad off.

What kind of system and room temps do you have? If they are high then your cpu temp will be high, too.

And, yes, your fan is spinning slowly...that's because you got the cheap fan. You want high rpms? You pay for it in noise and get the delta 38. Or get a bigger (80 or 92 mm) fan and duct it down to your heatsink.

Hope this helps you out.

Back