• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new block what do u think ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheDrone

Registered
This is a CPU block my friend has done he will send me a sample to test one version 3/8" one version 1/2" and i will compare it to MAZE3 !

i need you comment about this block pls !

Image2.jpg

Image4.jpg

looks really nice? are those all dimples in the base? I cant really tell, and whats up with the Oring? also, is that the 1/2 versain in the top pic?
what are you testing against?
Jon

i will test the block against a MAZE3 1/2"
The blcok will have 1/2" tum and inside the block are small pins

I remember that design, there was a cad drawing of it in an overclockers.com article. Glad to see someone actually made it.

It looks pretty well made, but whats with the o-ring?

the oring is correct but the milling got wicked up this is the first block more to come

plastic barbs is fine 2 me if they are set correct !
the o-ring looks like **** i agree but this is block nr 1 !

those holes look quite random, you could maybe almost skip them or make them a little more uniform, the holes arent gonna do you anything unless they make some sort of fins.
also, wahts the base thickness? and whats his means of machining these?

I think youll want to lower the base thickness to around 1-2mm after you get some testing, done, then test it again,

Jon

Back