• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mechwarrior game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Please please let me know how it is..... I loved the old Merc and hoping this isn't a let down!

Lots of videos of the beta/demo gameplay in Youtube.
Only missing the management, navigation aspect.

I did the pre-order, 11.35 and still isn't out. Assuming they will release 12am US time, so +5/+7 in the UK ?

Keys will be available in your MW5 profile page in 1h:40m.
9 AM EST

PS: If Daylight saving time didnt messed the timezones, if so its either one more or one less hour.

Profile page ? I just bought the game inside the Epic app, didn't register for anything ?

Yep , the Discord channel is also full of impatient mechwarriors.
Can use the time to delete the beta\demo, update drivers, clean the SSD/HDD...

Is anyone else crashing on the tutorial (1st) mission ? 3x already, never on the same spot, but annoying as hell because we can't save and have to start from the beginning.

Havent tried it yet. Installed it at evening and then went out.
Did you managed to finish the tutorial?

Found out what was causing it to bug out, it doesn't like Fast Sync, switched to regular vSync and it's running smoothly now.

So far I LIKE IT. Difficult but by no means impossible. Below are screenshots of the game on maximum settings, although I will have to tone down to High because my 1060 is having problems keeping up in some situations. It is horribly optimized in certain parts like the mission table (reminds me of ME:Andromeda) but when you enter the missions themselves and start blowing stuff up it smooths out. I was expecting much better drawn NPCs though, these look and feel like something from a 10yo game.

8 Screenshots with extra details in spoilers, as you can see the CPU is asleep and the GPU is working overtime :

Returning from my 3rd mission, some 20 odd tanks and helicopters + a light mech at the end, I think they need to tone down the difficulty just a smidgen (or I'm really bad at this) :rofl:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

How are you guys liking it? I love MWO with my Assault Marauder with 3 AC/5 and 4 med lasers.

Awww it's single player online?

Last edited:
Patch 4 DX12 hotfix today, v1.0.236, this might be interesting if it works properly ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Back