• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mouse... need a new mouse... need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerky

well my m$ intellimouse is starting to show some wear and tear, and i need a new mouse because i'm doiong some heavy duty gaming online (r.t.c.w.).
can anyone give me some suggestions of a good mouse to get? a gaming mouse is what i'm looking for. also i want to get a regular rollerball one and not an optical one.
any suggestions?

also, do wireless mice have lag due to no them having no cord?

:confused:

If you are a hardcore gamer try a razor boomslang my bro has one my god they are sooooooo sensitive you barely move you arm and the pointer goes across the monitor

Miknow said:
If you are a hardcore gamer try a razor boomslang my bro has one my god they are sooooooo sensitive you barely move you arm and the pointer goes across the monitor
cool! do you know where i can get one online?
i don't think i have never heard of them before.

The logitech dual optical mouses are nice. The higher end ms explorer mouses are good too. I have a older logitech mouseman optical wireless that I find it a little jerky. Not really a delay, just not as smooth. the older MS wireless optical mouse was smoother but there was a noticable delay. I'm using a regular MS optical wheen mouse that cost $20 and works fine for me.

IBM Optical Navigator. It will forever be my favorite mouse, hands down (hehehe).
11098996frA.jpg

razer boomslang, hands down better then anything else. The 1000dpi is around 60 bucks...you gotta get em off ebay, there new, it's just the company sells em there for some reason. the 2000dpi is like 90. On-the-fly sensativity, and easily programible buttons...ahhh man I can't tell you enough good things. It's much better than any optical i've used. It takes about a week to get used to because it's heavy, but it's nice because it stops on a dime...wait no a pixel!

www.razerzone.com

Next to my klipsch 4.1's this was the next best investment i've every made.

I would highly recommend one of Logitechs new MX series
optical mice. They are supposed to perform as well as
some of the dual optical ones. 800dpi they is.

Yea I think I may be getting one of those new logitech MX's I have a MS Intellimous Explorer (The gray optical one) and it is starting to show wear, and because it was one of the first popular optical mice, technology has advanced in the 1.5-2 years I have had it.

ATC9001 said:
razer boomslang, hands down better then anything else. The 1000dpi is around 60 bucks...you gotta get em off ebay, there new, it's just the company sells em there for some reason. the 2000dpi is like 90. On-the-fly sensativity, and easily programible buttons...ahhh man I can't tell you enough good things. It's much better than any optical i've used. It takes about a week to get used to because it's heavy, but it's nice because it stops on a dime...wait no a pixel!

www.razerzone.com

Next to my klipsch 4.1's this was the next best investment i've every made.

That thing is HUGE an uncomfortable for people who have small hands. It's also comparably fragile and tempermental.

But we all have our favorites. You'll still need to go try out specific models at a local brick and mortar store to see if any of the mice feel uncomfortable of awkward. Alot of the mice my friends like don't even fit my hands.

From what I've heard, the logitech mx series mice are far better than the latest ms intelli mouse explorers...etc.

They're doing twice as much as what the ms mice is doing. I don't really know what though. I think it's dpi? :p

If you play a lot of games especially FPS stuff like UT, you
will like the MX mouse a lot. I upgraded from just a regular
1 sensor Logitech mouseman optical, and the difference is
major.

Go with what fits your hand. The M$ design forces me to drage my pinky on the mouse pad, while the Logitech fits it like a glove. :)

Back