• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Nvidia Driver WHQL R331 version 331.65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Released today is the new WHQL driver R331 Version 331.65 for Nvidia cards. Got them installed, it now comes with a beta release of Shadowplay included for video capture of our gameplay etc. I just did 15 min of Batman Arkham Origins and it works well. 15 min comes in at 3.8 GB of space :D Also bundled with Geforce experience 1.7, Gamestream yada yada

here are the release notes :

GeForce 331.65 Driver
Release Summary
This 331.65 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. These Game Ready drivers will also provide performance enhancements in a wide variety of different games.
In addition, the new 331.65 Game Ready driver is bundled with GeForce Experience v1.7 which includes support for two highly-anticipated new technologies. NVIDIA GameStream™ provides end users with the ability to stream PC games from their GeForce GTX-equipped PC directly to a SHIELD device. This update also introduces the Beta version of GeForce ShadowPlay™, an innovated new game capture tool with exceptional features and performance.
New in GeForce R331 Drivers
• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
GeForce GTX 690/770/780/TITAN:
• • Up to 12% in Battlefield 4
• Up to 19% in Sniper Elite V2
• Up to 13% in Dirt: Showdown
• Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
• Up to 9% in Sleeping Dogs
• Up to 8% in Max Payne 3
• Up to 6% in F1 2012
• SLI Technology
• • Batman: Arkham Origins – updated profile
• Battlefield 4 – updated profile
• Shadow Warrior – added DX9 profile
• War of the Vikings – added DX11 profile
• Dragon Sword - updated DX9 profile
• GRID 2 - updated DX11 profile
• Euro Truck Simulator 2 - updated profile
• 3D Vision
• Shadow Warrior – “Excellent”
• Call of Duty: Ghosts – “Fair”
• The Wolf Among Us – “Good”
• Gaming Technology
• Enables GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
• Civilization 5 – added HBAO+
• SHIELD
• Enables NVIDIA GameStream™ technology
• 4K Displays
• Adds support for 4K Surround
Additional Details
• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
• Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
• Installs GeForce Experience v9.3.16.0
• Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
• Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
• Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
• Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Got Shadowplay going. Manual mode works great, but Shadow mode wasn't dumping a file out.

Either way, definitely less of a performance hit than conventional methods and some awesome quality.

Got Shadowplay going. Manual mode works great, but Shadow mode wasn't dumping a file out.

Either way, definitely less of a performance hit than conventional methods and some awesome quality.

I only tried manual so far myself, I like how you have the tiny little round icon down in the right hand corner and you can click or hot key the camera started. It's amazing how massive the video files are after just 15 min of recording but they look perfect. Very nice addition for free.

Gotta get off to work but I noticed in the driver release notes it adds support for 4 displays or 4k surround.

So if you are running 4 displays in which display is your main "focus" screen ? it's not in the seams right ? I gotta run, you know what I mean I hope. Laterz.........

I am quite liking ShadowPlay so far, testing in Battlefield 4.

Got bored and was messing about with things,

need to check this out on my laptop might do a little game recording when im on the road.

Is anyone having problems with the system not bringing back the video signal after resuming from sleep with these drivers? The problem coincided with the install of these new drivers.

Dunno if I would use Sleep or Hibernate modes with an SSD anyway, seen to many reports of bricking the drives upon waking.

Is there really any need for me to update to the new driver if I'm not a gamer? I'm using 327.23 now.

I would say no need to. The only reason you would need to is if you were having issues with your current driver. If it's not broke don't fix it. hehe :p Well there are other reasons. Me I change because Im a gamer but also because im a tinkerer. I just lover to install , tweak, upgrade, flash etc etc etc.

I would say no need to. The only reason you would need to is if you were having issues with your current driver. If it's not broke don't fix it. hehe :p Well there are other reasons. Me I change because Im a gamer but also because im a tinkerer. I just lover to install , tweak, upgrade, flash etc etc etc.
Thanks, that was my feeling also. It's working fine for what I use it for.

Anyone with a 560TI running these or anything newer then 301.42? I have not been able to upgrade to anything newer then 301.42 cause of constant but random blue screens, even if I run everything (including CPU) @ stock settings.

Back