• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PolarFLO blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very humorous, albeit uninformative thread. A great deal of supposition and speculation about a product which no one here seems to have tested yet.

Now granted, this is data from the manufacturer, but it is still better than ridiculous carping:

http://www.polarflo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=55

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the flow rate, head loss, and related C/W. While not quite a White Water, this block looks like it turns in some respectable numbers if the mfg. is to be believed. From the comments made on other forums regarding the integrity of the company, I'd say that the data should be reasonably accurate.

Now, go out there, buy them, install them, test them and post your results so that I'll know whether or not to buy one :D

i would like to see what they look inside

from the saying it can work with 2 & 3 barbs
i think it WW clone inside

SureFoot said:
You want "informative" ? Do a little homework then:
http://overclockers.com/articles730/
http://overclockers.com/articles879/
I suppose the "new" shiny block is exactly the same, just with shiny tops...

Hmmm...presumption breeds assumption, or is it the other way around?

The linked articles refer to previous products, as you so elequently stated. However, the manufacturer's claims indicate that the "new" block has superior performance. Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen. My offer to read other's experiences or reviews stands :p

hafa said:
Very humorous, albeit uninformative thread. A great deal of supposition and speculation about a product which no one here seems to have tested yet.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Oh, there's pics of the internals up now. Looks interesting. Hope to see some reviews on it soon.

Kbofwy said:
Exactly what I was gonna say.

Oh, there's pics of the internals up now. Looks interesting. Hope to see some reviews on it soon.

it looks like low resistance (watch out maze 4?) and doesn't show any kind of jet impingement. Doesn't look like a good preformer to me.. but then again, i eat my own kind.

Alright, Gruntville has the TT beating EVERYTHING

http://www.gruntville.com/reviews/wc/polarflo_tt_cpu/

whereas [H]ard has it tied with a Maze 4, IMO 100% BS. I'd honestly trust the Grunts more. Also I sent an e-mail to PolarFLO and they said that yes, the TT VGA SHOULD work on a 6800 series, as I have a 6800 Ultra in teh mail headed to me and I plan to get a TTVGA I'll let everyone know.

Arkangyl said:

whereas [H]ard has it tied with a Maze 4, IMO 100% BS. I'd honestly trust the Grunts more. Also I sent an e-mail to PolarFLO and they said that yes, the TT VGA SHOULD work on a 6800 series, as I have a 6800 Ultra in teh mail headed to me and I plan to get a TTVGA I'll let everyone know.
Oh no, here we go again, people taking these dreadfully awful tests as the gossipal.

Arkangyl said:

whereas [H]ard has it tied with a Maze 4, IMO 100% BS. I'd honestly trust the Grunts more.

Isn't the gruntville review the one that has the CPU at sub-ambient temperatures, and almost definitely at sub-water temperatures?

Just goes to show that people will always believe what they want to believe.

yup
a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest
can't fight it, these are the people who buy memory sticks with LEDs

I get my PolarFlo TT Chrome tomorrow. I origionally had bought the SF from Xoxide with a gift certificate, but when I found out they had the TT coming out, I decided to sell my SF and buy the TT instead (my only choice, don't ask because I can't tell you why).

BillA+Cathar: I agree completely, however I take what I read with a pinch of salt. I don't care to get into technical details because that's a waste of my time. Sure, I like to hear the review that says my block is the best in the world right now, but I know that obviously isn't true. Every block has it's strengths and weaknesses under different scenarios. For example, a block like the RBX with accelerator plate 5 attached limits flow severely. This might not be good for a person with X brand pump or Y brand radiator as they will have terrible flow through their system, whereas a block like the TT which supposedly offers better flow than most watercooling blocks should perform better.

Relating more to BillA's point is the difference between innovation and excess. Sure, Joe Sixpack over here might go for the 1.2 Ghz Pentium III laptop because he thinks that the 3.4GHz Alienware isn't needed, whereas another person may decide to go out and empty their pockets for a Go-L laptop with all the bells and whistles you can imagine just so they can brag about it and enjoy their newfound performance. At a certain point, the line has to be drawn when a product becomes more about fashion than performance (Apple products in particular).

To conclude, let me just say that it's a "To each his own" world when it comes to computers, very much so like cars. Whereas one will empty his pockets on a Ferrari, another will buy a Honda Hybrid with better gas mileage, better reliability, and usually pay about 1/10 the amount of money as the Ferrari owner did on his car. As watercoolers, we are in the middle. People are still amazed I build my own computers, and even moreso when I tell them I cool them using water. Does it make for a conversation piece? Yes. Does it make you look smart and geeky at the same time? Yes. However, if you like your setup and it serves it's purpose of cooling your CPU that much better, you've done well.

-Fyberwire

Fyberwire said:
...Whereas one will empty his pockets on a Ferrari, another will buy a Honda Hybrid...

-Fyberwire
Now imagine the review between the Ferrari and the Honda Hybrid where the Honda beats the Ferrari in a speed test. Would you find that rediculous as I do? Moreover, would you think perhaps the test was in some way flawed?

You make a good point nikhsub, although I never said I believed the tests were accurate. My junior high science teacher always pointed this out to our class. There is a difference between accuracy and precision. Whereas accuracy relates to how close you come to the actual value, precision is how specifically you get to that answer. I think it's safe to say that the tests performed by the source in question are neither precise nor accurate. Even different ambient temperatures can make all the difference. No sensor is absolutely 100% accurate, and most sensors aren't. However, if you are willing to examine your results carefully, adverage multiple trials to determine a final answer, then you will never see a review where a modern Honda Hybrid beats a Ferrai in performance.

In addition, my PolarFLO TT Chrome came in today, it should be here momentarily. I'll let you know how it looks. Give me a week and I'll have some real-world performance results that are actually worth reading.

-Fyber

All copper blocks are basically the same... within 5C of one another... unless you absoluty need the highest performance possible you should go cheapest. If you understand value and basic economic price/performance curves you'd agree. If you look at them as a toy instead of a tool you won't.

BeerHunter said:
All copper blocks are basically the same... within 5C of one another... unless you absoluty need the highest performance possible you should go cheapest. If you understand value and basic economic price/performance curves you'd agree. If you look at them as a toy instead of a tool you won't.
Last I checked the polarflo blocks were not cheap - at all. So by your statement the Swiftech 6000/6002 is the best block ever. In line with the best and the one of the most affordable too.

Back