• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg: 8800 GT 1GB Memory $199 after $50 MIR through 3/31/08

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aktunka

holy crap..... a 1G 8800 gt.... gotta check that out... wonder if its the G92 core... says DDR3 tho... 249 is cheap anyway

holy crap..... a 1G 8800 gt.... gotta check that out... wonder if its the G92 core... says DDR3 tho... 249 is cheap anyway

every 8800gt uses the g92 core...

does anyone know how this performs compared to a 512mb version?

Only to stop higher resolution from crawling.

It shouldn't make anything faster if it doesn't need the memory.

i don't assume the 1gb makes much of a diff, right?

I picked up one of these for work a couple days ago. Though I only ordered one card, the guy I had test it said it worked great though. I'm not sure how much it will benefit in games, but I had some artists that needed this card. When running 3DSMax and their model viewer at the same time, they wound up using much more than 512MB of RAM, dropping their model viewer down to like 0.5fps. With the extra RAM, it no longer had to swap with regular memory, bringing them back up to about 25fps.

With that said, I expect the benefit you'll see from this is that you can run games at maximum/high/extreme textures.

Back