• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nintendo says 'No' to AO-rated Manhunt 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm kind of wondering why there is even an AO rating if any game that falls into that category can't be published. Why does it even exist?

I dunno after watching the trailers and everything this game doesn't seem anymore evil that Postal 2 is and it is rated Mature. It actually seems kind of like a Far Cry so I guess I just don't understand all the controversy. It's a game that I'm probably going to purchase if it comes out on the Wii, or if it comes out PC I'll get it on that.

AO games are only for the pc. Like Singles flirt up your life had a mature version and an AO version that you had to get from the website.

Oc1Kenube said:
Lets face it the game is just another excersise in R* trying to sell a game using hype and outrage. Hot coffe etc spring to mind.

Just to make sure ya know...but the hot coffee thing wasn't supposed to be played/seen by the general public. They put it in the game, and then locked it out. It was then the computer gamers who found out about it, and found a way to unlock the thing. R* didn't intend for the general masses to have access to that content.

If anything, they were trying to sell Bully with hype and outrage, and when it came out, suddenly everyone found out it is no where near as bad as people thought it would have been.

zexmarquies01 said:
Just to make sure ya know...but the hot coffee thing wasn't supposed to be played/seen by the general public. They put it in the game, and then locked it out. It was then the computer gamers who found out about it, and found a way to unlock the thing. R* didn't intend for the general masses to have access to that content.

If anything, they were trying to sell Bully with hype and outrage, and when it came out, suddenly everyone found out it is no where near as bad as people thought it would have been.

Thats pretty much R*'s thing, shock value.

Oc1Kenube said:
If you want adult games buy an adult console.

Read the topic then direct me towards an 'adult console'. I suspect you'll struggle as it's already been shown that none of the manufacturers will allow the game on their systems.

I agree with oni in saying that this entire mess just hyped up the game like no end. I browse the tech headlines alot at work and all I can read is how 3 catholic priests died from a heart attack while reviewing this game, tower of pisa finally fell down after Manhunt II was played in it... '

It's massive publicity, better yet, it's free massive publicity. It's very insightful from their marketing department.

Will I buy the game? Probably not, however, I know more people will buy this out of sheer spite to the censorship of the US console games.

Back