• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nxt, bitcoin alternative, new concept

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96redformula

If you all haven't heard bitcoin is breaking out, but has some down faults as you may know. It might be a good time if you have not looked into some alternative crypto currencies breaking out. Among lots of clones we have a new one to breakout and fix its faults.

Nxt

No mining via hardware, no waste of power, etc.... I still will be mining away for now BTC/LTC, but watch out Nxt is on the way upward. I will just send link for simplification. Check it out for yourself, make your own decisions.

Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin

Nxt uses brand new software. It’s not a fork of Bitcoin source code.

Nxt is the first 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS) currency. Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees. Unlike other currencies with PoS mining, Nxt's PoS mining does not cause monetary inflation. The total amount of Nxt in circulation is 1 billion.

Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue. Time between blocks is one minute. This increases the rate of orphaned blocks but makes it more convenient for the users.

Nxt doesn’t use so-called “scripts” aka predicates. This simplifies and accelerates transaction processing. Advanced features like multisig will be created on top of the core as 3rd party services.

Nxt will have the following distributed features integrated into the client:
- Currency Exchange
- Stock Exchange
- Colored Coins Implementation (This allows Nxt accounts to function as Gateways for other currencies.)
- Marketplace
- Messaging

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg3704749#msg3704749

Is it safe to assume that this sort of mining is only possible with having BTC currency? I'm a bit confused on how this actually works

I think it's been pretty much determined (by big name developers like gmaxwell) that a coin which is purely PoS doesnot make a better coin than BTC (or any other PoW coin, for that matter). The most secure coin with the very fewest down falls would be a mix of PoW and PoS.

I'm open to new coins, but there have just been so many which a pump and dump coins which rise, sell and get swept under the rug. It's hard to read about new coins and not see them through the same lens.

Back