• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The NZXT Phantom 820 is a full tower case, the newest of their Crafted series. It seems to combine the lessons they learned from the original Phantom, along with what they learned from the Switch 810. NZXT threw in their recently released HUE color LED controller, and then made this beast compatible with their new Kraken series of All-In-One liquid coolers and radiators in general. All this combined, you have the makings of a case designed to appeal to high-end enthusiasts. But will it stand up to detailed scrutiny? Let's find out.
... Return to article to continue reading.

:shock:
that case is beast
its like the original phantom, on steroids.
is it just me or are there fan filters on the exhaust?

The filters on the top are there for when you decide to use the top fans as intake. This is an excellent provision by NZXT. It allows you to bring cool air to your heatsink, and not reuse the air that your motherboard and gpu's have already warmed up.

Sorry guys, I've been away for a few days due to a dead SSD. :(

I must say, that this review "seems" short, only because it's all hosted on one page, where usually most sites have multiple pages on a review. So, THANK YOU for using only one page. That's just a personal nitpick of mine is using more pages than anyone needs to, so, I welcome this.

Additionally, this is a VERY in depth review, and I liked all the pics taken. Not enough reviews have taken these steps, especially removing the front fan filter, that was a really neat feature I think the designers made happen, whereas with the S810 you had to unscrew the filter, this one is just clamped in. Great job on the little details!

Overall, I think this is definitely one of the better reviews out there (and not because we scored well). This is the kind of review that I, as a consumer, want to see. Thorough, in depth, no BS or sugar coating. Kudos to Ed for such a great review! :)

Just received the 820! It's a beast. Moving my goods from my Corsair 600 SE sometime next week! Now I need to rearrange my computer room to make some space for it!

Great review as well. Short, sweet and simple! That's how I like them!

Last edited:
Back