• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC core2quad q9400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinnnnn

Registered
OC Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz

My system:

Asus p5p43td Pro
Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz
G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ PC3-10666 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Samsung 1TB Sata
Nox Urano 600W
Cooler: thermaltake gunmet orb

Im a noob on OC, so i need some help in what change and what values do put..

Prints:

Thanks for your help :)

Values will be different for each setup... so cokie cutter settings may work but they are likely not optimal...

That said, in my signature is a link for overclocking C2D/C2Q chips. This link has all you need know about overclocking and should be PLENTY to get you started... any other questions, please come back and ask!

That said, the motherboard you have isnt great at all for overclocking... I dont see any heatsinks in the VRM area to name one concern, the other is the P43 chipset and you may not have a lot of overclocking options in the bios...

Its really best for you to read up on what you are doing instead of relying on cookie cutter settings... that said, get started, but please read that article so you can understand what we are saying when we continue to help...

Please post a screenshot of the SPD tab of CPUz please...

Last edited:
If you read it... its time to get started overclocking. What is preventing you from starting?

I dont see any load temps (idle temps are mostly not relevant) so no idea.

That is part of the problem is your memory. You need to lower the memory speed so you can increase the FSB. I really dont do cookie cutter settings my man. Im under the 'give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime...

After you lower your memory/speed multiplier, try raising your vcore .1 and FSB to 400Mhz and test it out.

Temps need to be at 80C or less when stress testing the overclock

That is part of the problem is your memory. You need to lower the memory speed so you can increase the FSB. I really dont do cookie cutter settings my man. Im under the 'give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime...

After you lower your memory/speed multiplier, try raising your vcore .1 and FSB to 400Mhz and test it out.

Temps need to be at 80C or less when stress testing the overclock

Set AI Overclock Tuner to {Manual}
Set the FSB to 400MHz
Set DRAM Frequency to {DDR3 - 1280 (preferable, to give you room for a higher FSB) or DDR3 - 1333}
Set DRAM Static Read Control to {Disabled}
Set DRAM Dynamic Write Control to {Disabled}
Set DRAM Read Training and Write Training both to {Disabled}
Set MEM OC Charger to {Enabled}
Set AI Clock Twister to {Light}
Set VTT CPU Voltage to {1.30 volts}
Set Memory Overvoltage to {1.65 Volts}
Set CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrums both to {Disabled}
Set C1E Support to Disabled

Set DRAM Timing Control to {Manual}
Set Memory Timings to CL 9-9-9-24 (CL-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

What do you think ? Thanks redduc900 :))

And tell me a good program to to the test.. I mean test memory, and stress test..

I wouldnt worry about memtest at this time since its running BELOW spec. Just run P95 small fft for the CPU.

I wouldnt worry about memtest at this time since its running BELOW spec. Just run P95 small fft for the CPU.

The link for x64 os is off :/ can you give me a link to p5 x64? And what do you think of the settings that he gave to me ? :)

After aplying that values on the BIOS, save and restar, i have no image on my monitor.. Then i have to restart my pc on the button, and it restarts and says: Overclocked Failed, F1 to run setup or F2 to load default values ..

And when he says to put Timmings to 9-9-9-24 its like this:

http://img2.zol.com.cn/product/33_450x337/390/cecsGxZaIua8g.jpg

But:

9DRAM Clocks
9DRAM Clocks
9DRAM Clocks
24DRAM Clocks

Right?

It's nice to suggest some starting settings for a new guy. :shrug:

Overclock failed means the frequencies you attempted were too aggressive. You can press F1 to go back into BIOS, then lower FSB and try again.

I've never ran a quad myself, so I don't know which exact settings to suggest. But if you got settings from Redduc900, I'd stick with all the same settings you listed above, but try 375 for FSB. If that works, show us CPUz screenshots of main tab and memory tab.

Thats exactly right... where it says 5-5-5-15, is where you want 9-9-9-24.

You can try adding .05 v to vcore and see if that helps, but it looks like redduc has you taken care of via PM and I dont want to step on his toes/have two people helping possibly saying different things. :)

@ IMOG - I did, post #8.

It's nice to suggest some starting settings for a new guy. :shrug:

Overclock failed means the frequencies you attempted were too aggressive. You can press F1 to go back into BIOS, then lower FSB and try again.

I've never ran a quad myself, so I don't know which exact settings to suggest. But if you got settings from Redduc900, I'd start there.

The settings from Redduc900 failed.. Maybe i have to set pci frequency to 101 ? I tried auto and 100 and failed ..

Ok so tryied fsb: 375
pci frequency: 100
dram frequency: 1200

i have no image on monitor when tying to boot.. i have to restart it again, and appears overclocked failed ,, run setup, load default settings ... :x

Back