• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office Depot *FREE* SpeedStream 4-Port Router + 50CD-Rs Shipped!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

Activate $15 off $50 purchase here:
http://www.officedepot.com/offers/s...=-1&SID=P4PWMR72B07J8KE37XSMR6XD8B8E97K6&PP=0

Enter referral code: 77708776

Add Item 616096 for the Router at $28.76
Add Item 247698 for the 50CDR at $19.99

Total: 48.75 (add something worth $1.25+ to make $50)

$20 Siemens Router Rebate: http://209.69.149.201/sku/showrebate.asp?sku=616096

$15 CD-R Rebate: http://209.69.149.201/sku/showrebate.asp?sku=247698

$50(~) - $15 coupon - $20 Router rebate - $15 CD-R rebate = $0.00(~)

Good Luck!

BAD NEWS, BUT GOOD NEWS!!!

The router is BACKORDERED (even though the rebate begins today). HOWEVER, you can add it to your cart, but you CANNOT apply the coupon.

I called the web support number: 1-888-2-THE NET (1-888-284-3638), and the support lady fixed it so that when the router is delivered, she would have the online coupon automatically applied--and the SHIPPING was STILL FREE! Just make sure to add that little extra $1.25+ item to your basket to qualify.

I know this is more hoops to jump through--but if you are looking for a free router--there ya go.

I just received my router and noticed to my surprise that it has a built in print server port! But what really intriges me is that there is printing on the front of the box that says "Gaming Enhanced--Supports over 40 Online Games." Trying to get my UT2K3 server working with my current D-LINK 704 P was a pain because of all the disparate ports that need to be opened. Perhaps this router has a preset configuration for this! I'll check back in here later to let you all know. Who knows, this may become my new router!

I just wanted to add this information and another link to this product because the $20 rebate for this item is valid until 1/31/2003! That would bring the price down to $8.76 (plus shipping, if applicable). This rebate should also apply to in-store purchases, so you can save on shipping. $9 is still a great price for this SOHO router.

http://www.officedepot.com/shop/cat...96&SID=P4PWMR72B07J8KE37XSMR6XD8B8E97K6&PP=14

That's a pretty good deal. I checked out the specs on this router and they're all right. I'm surprised that they upgraded you to the print server model for free. They have 2 seperate skus (Siemens does, not Office Depot). Does the rebate apply to both?

I didn't know whether the router had a print server port or not when ordering it. If you click the link above, you will notice the absence of any mentioning of one (unless I missed it somewhere). The (Siemens) model number (SS2604) listed on that page is the same one that I received and is printed on the box. So, I don't know if this is an 'upgraded model' or not. I'd think that Office Depot would want to advertise that it includes a print server port as a bonus.

As far as the rebate goes, it says it applies to the "SS2604" as well (just click on the rebate link underneath the non-existent product picture). The rebate form doesn't mention a print server port either.

cursor--do you have a link to the specs you looked at? I'd like to check that out myself...

i've read about that specific model and apparently there is a print server on board. bump for a great deal regardless of the $15 off $50!!

I just read something else in the on-line manual (I haven't opened the box yet) that blows my mind. This router (that I paid ZERO dollars for) incorporates Stateful Packet Inspection. For those of you who don't know what that is, suffice it to say that it is an advanced firewall technology that greatly increases the security of your network. For those of you who DO know what that is, you know that SPI can't be found in router/firewalls for less than $200! So, this baby really IS a bargain, even without any of the rebates. Even at the regular "retail" price of $80, this would be worth it.

I still haven't read anything about the preconfigured online gaming setups, though.

REMEMBER--THIS ROUTER IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR $9 UNTIL 1/31/2003 AFTER MIR.

Even if you decide to pick one up later, the regular Office Depot price is less than $30!

dem1an said:
anyone have a rebate they can post for the cd's? the site doesnt have it now.

The CD-R rebate is no longer in effect. Also, the online coupon for $15 off $50 is no longer in effect. You can still get the router for $9 until 1/31/2003, however. If you order online, you will have to pay shipping. Though, you may be able to find the router at your local Office Depot and still get the rebate.

i finally got my router today - i ordered on the 24th... to my dismay i was charged for delivery. i wanted to know if you guys remembered if it was free delivery (i just picked up the router only + rebate), before i call and make an arse out of myself.

~thx

Banyan said:
i finally got my router today - i ordered on the 24th... to my dismay i was charged for delivery. i wanted to know if you guys remembered if it was free delivery (i just picked up the router only + rebate), before i call and make an arse out of myself.

~thx
It was free if your total order was over $50. In my case, I had to confirm with customer service that because the router was backordered, I'd be getting separate deliveries with different order numbers. She made sure that the delivery fee was waived for all the deliveries because she was able to see that my original order was, in fact, over the 'limit.'

My case turned out to be rather amusing as I ordered a pack of pencils to get my order just over $50. It turns out that the CD-R's were out of stock at the local distribution center, so ended up getting three separate deliveries. The first day, the pencils came by themselves. Then the CD-R's alone. Then, about a week later, the router. The driver and I had a good laugh for the next couple of days about their system. He did mention that there are some areas where delivery was always free because of the large number of deliveries in that neighborhood and that there were some areas that they almost always charged shipping because they are so out of the way.

Back