• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Final Fantasy XI Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh and another comment on airship, I got the impression the airship pass quest wasn't all that hard because many recomend you do that before the NIN/SAM quest to make travel go much faster... hmmm [/B]

yeah, i did airship quest at lvl 24 with a lvl 25 war friend. it was fairly easy. just a bit of travelling involved

so wait im confussed then, whats this 8 hour multi ally thing your talking about then? Are there two ways to get anairship pass or something?

there are 2 different airship passes

1) the pass for the airship that goes ONLY from port jueno to kazham and back. to get this pass you need to talk to Guddal in port jueno and either give him the 3 keys or 150k. you can technically aqquire this pass at any time i believe. the normal time to get it would be anywhere around lvl 24-30.

2) the REAL airship pass that allows you to use the normal airship( ie flying between jueno, bastok, sanDoria and windhurst ). this pass is given out after you complete a certain mission( it might be mission 10, though i could be totally wrong on that). all i know is that you will receive rank 5 and the airship pass and 10k from the guy who gives you the mission. on second thought, im not even sure if rank 5 is handed out with this mission(i know you will be at least rank 4 before you go on this mission). this mission is very hard from what i have read. it is said to require a full alliance of 18 people all about lvl 40 and 8 hours to complete it. this pass can also be purchased for 500k but im not sure when you are able to do that.

The Christmas update was today and all the trees inside San D'Oria (and the other main places also) are decorated with Christmas lights and decorations. Looks pretty sweet!! I've been playing a lot lately (server Odin) and I'm a level 12 black mage and I love it!!

esau said:
possible macro bug and 'tab' bug though :(

I was wondering why my macros weren't working right!! I have to hold alt until the menu comes up and then press 1 like twice for anything to work.....way too slow to be of use :(

I wasn't aware of a possible tab bug though

inside my mog house when i want to exit i usually press tab twice to select the door. but after the patch, everytime i press tab twice in that situation, the game crashes. and it doesnt just crash to the pol viewer and give that error you normally get when you press the windows key. everything is instantly gone, and i am brought back to the desktop. i did it four times in a row last night. havent tried it since, maybe it was something else, who knows......ill try it again later tonight.

esau said:

yeah, i did airship quest at lvl 24 with a lvl 25 war friend. it was fairly easy. just a bit of travelling involved

omg, I got the Pally mines key and I was running out and all h3ll broke loose. :eek:

There were about 5-10 more off screen too. :mad:

Attachments

• kib031222122539a.jpg
    kib031222122539a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
lmao!!!
yes, many a time have i seen the quadav train in the paly mines.
on the third lvl the quads are smart.
if you attack one of their friends and they can see you through one of those gates, they will eventually make their way through the maze to find you. and subsequently drag every quadav they pass with them. pretty funny when you see someone run by and then 10 quads come by shortly after.

ahhhhh, good stuff......... :D

good luck with the rest of the kazham airship quest

lmao, i REALLY wanna go to my homeland. :( I was doing the Gelshba key thing and a frick-d4m Orcish Fighter did 82 dmg to me as I was kicking in Perfect Dodge, he just hit me for 36 right before that. :( He wasn't hitting for more than 25 the whole fight, the few times he could hit me because of my godlike evasion. :D (lvl 78 evasion + a Compound Eye Circlet and i'm a thief. :p) it really sucked. :( he was in a hut so I couldn't get sneak attack off w/o him aggroing me. :/ i had to log off from frustration w/ these things. I ALWAYS end up dead because of them. They had better be worth it tho....

oh, its definately worth it. my thf is 35 now, and im having lots of fun. i can treasure hunt semi effectively now(should really wait to lvl 40 at least). when i stack sneak attack with trick attack i do about 200-240 dmg to an IT mob. when i add the viper bite WS to that i do about 340 dmg. its pretty sweet. if you can get yourself into a well balanced pty with people who understand how a thf works then you will be set. thats the problem though these days, either no one understands even after explaining to them what the strategy should be or they just dont care.

oh, and mug is gay......might as well ruin that for you now ;)

another example of how good it gets.....we just had an LS event and did Mission 9. we had 18 ppl from our LS alliance for this, it was massive overkill but lots of fun. We had to go to Delkfuts Tower on Quifim island, fight through 10 floors to reach an NM at the top. then fight then NM 3 times for some keys that you use all the way down in the basement. it took us about 4 hours cause we had too many people, normal time is about 2 hours for an alliance of 29-32( we were all 34-37 with a lvl 40 pally :D so we kinda cheated). some wrong turns, a few unfortunate accidents and waiting for some really slow ppl so we could actually start it contributed to our time. you get 5k and Rank 4 from this mission.

next mission is the one we all have been waiting for, Airship Pass mission!!!!! 8 hours and a full alliance of 40's gets you rank 5, 10k and the airship pass..... will be a good time. ;)

This game sounds like a rip off because you have to pay 13-15 dollars a month to what? Play Online? The price to access the internet shouldnt be that high. i mean cmon, we bought the game already. How much more money do you want from us?

MrM1188 said:
This game sounds like a rip off because you have to pay 13-15 dollars a month to what? Play Online? The price to access the internet shouldnt be that high. i mean cmon, we bought the game already. How much more money do you want from us?

By that line of thinking I guess you would think that every MMORPG is a rip off then?

The fees are there so they can maintain and update all the servers so that the players have a dynamic, not static, experience. I assume that the average monthly fee for MMORPG's will come down in the future (as the prices for most things do), but for now FFXI provides an experience unique and inviting enough for me to pay the monthly fee with no regrets whatsoever. My lvl 16 Black Mage has barely begun to grow powerful, yet I already love it.

Edit: I see you registered on the forums today, MrM1188.

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!:)

Last edited:
Back