• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I'm sorry but I gotta ask this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The RZ has fixed barbs, they cant be changed. The "t" series has threads, you cant use the pump until you get some barbs to screw on to it. Not sure of the thread size though.

nikhsub1 said:
The RZ has fixed barbs, they cant be changed. The "t" series has threads, you cant use the pump until you get some barbs to screw on to it. Not sure of the thread size though.

So what you are saying is I can either stretch the tubing over the barbs or I'd have to buy reducers if I didnt want to do that? ... and since the barbs cant be changed by using a reducer it will make the connections that much longer... but I could have bought the RZT and just found the right barbs to thread into it?

Ub3r-L33ch said:
What about the 7/16" stuff?
I don't think you will get the 7/16" over the barbs, they are too big. FWIW, I prefer the barbed fitting pumps like the one you ordered... no chance of them leaking and they are fixed. The threaded pumpheads need the additional fittings which could be another point of leakage.

I never doubted you nikhsub1 about fitting the tubing over the barbs... I was just getting mixed messages cuz I am talking to different people and posting messages in like 3-4 different forums... lol. I'm paranoid about getting this thing setup perfectly... I blame my O.C.D. :(

Edit: What about if I used 2 lengths of the 1/2" for the inlet and outlet on the pump but used 7/16" for everything else to make it easier to route the tubing? That would be ok yeah?

should work i guess, but I would just use one set of tubing all throughout. 1/2" ID works great, but its a little harder to route. If you can set it up fine, then your set. If you are really worried about kinks (which you shouldnt be if you get tygon or clearflex), then get smaller tubing such as 7/16 or 3/8, but I would just use 1/2 all the way if i were you. Less problems as a whole.

Back