• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.0c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CH3NO2

Registered
I'm looking into a P4 3.0C, coupled with the P4C800E-D and XMS 3500. Are the multipliers locked on these like the AMD Bartons? Are they pretty good OC'ers, and would somewhere in the area of 3400mhz be feasible (and safe) with stock cooling?

CH3NO2 said:
I'm looking into a P4 3.0C, coupled with the P4C800E-D and XMS 3500. Are the multipliers locked on these like the AMD Bartons? Are they pretty good OC'ers, and would somewhere in the area of 3400mhz be feasible (and safe) with stock cooling?

yes, the multiplier is locked. They are pretty good ocers & with good thermal paste I'd say 3.4 won't be to hard to get. If you invest in better cooling, 3.4 should be hit fairly easily.

Like Surfeit said, the multiplier is locked on all P4 CPU's (except for a limited number of "Engineering Sample" ones). I had a P4 3.0C which did 3.5 GHz with only 1.575 volts, but I was using an SLK-900 heatsink. You should be able to reach 3.4 GHz with little or no voltage increase, just keep an eye on your CPU temps.

Back