• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltiers w/ air cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

In your opinion. what is the biggest size peltier you would go with only air cooling.

I had a 50w pelt. on my 800E and was able to get into window and run for a little while @ 1gig. Without the peltier I cannot even get into windows at 1gig. So I was thinking if I got a little bit bigger peltier, maybe I could get her stable at that speed.

Let me know what you think. Water cooling is not an option at this time.

It would be an 80watts peltier. You'll need a very good heatsink fan to run it efficiently. Any thing higher than that you have to use water cooling.

I tried the 85w on my T-bird 900 and a Global Win FOP32 with the delta fan (essentially FOP38. Anyway, at startup it was cold but after about 5 minutes of idle it got too hot, ~45C. Air couldn't cool it.

I'll be running a Slot 1 PIII alpha HSF. I know it kept it cool with out any problems with my 50w.

Maybe I'll try a 72w to start with.

Back