• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L0HpT

Registered
im new to this board .. i recently just ran a 3dmark test on my new system and i got low scores compared to people with less powerful systems than mine.
here are my specs:
1.2ghz TBird
Abit KT7A Raid
61.4 gig ata 100 ibm 7200rpm drive
256megs pc150 tinyBGA kingmax
Hercules Geforce 2 Ultra

im getting 5385 in 32bit mode
and 5890 in 16bit mode

im running windows 2000 pro right now . do you guys think if i switch to win98se or me i should see higher scores .. people are telling me that my system should consistently see 7-9000
i have the latest 4in1s installed and im using hercules drivers 6.34 .

also is it better to install the 4in1s individually or all together ?? if anyone can help me out i appreciate it ?

thanks

what is your graphics aperature size set to?(It's found in your system BIOS). A bit of tweaking in a system's bios can make a huge difference in performance.

its set to half of my physical ram (256) so the aperture is 128
i have agp 4x enable .. and have my ram at cas 2 with everything enabled ..
i just disabled acpi in win2k .. and my score went to 6194 ..
but i should still be hitting close to 10k

L0HpT,
Try overclocking your CPU by going with higher FSB or tweak your GeForce Ultra card or both. I have 1.2GHz @ 1.33GHz(10 x 133FSB) and GeForce 2 GTS(not ultra) and it constantly hits 7600+. Just trying to get over 8000.
You can also set these on your BIOS for optimized performance.

PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disabled
Video ROM BIOS Shadow - Disabled
Video RAM Shadow - Disabled
C8000 - DFFFF - All memory ranges should be Disabled
AGP Aperture Size - Half of your total amount of main system RAM.
PNP OS Installed - YES
Assign IRQ to VGA - YES

Well, good luck.

Oh yea...
If you are using Win 2k pro, download a Detonator 6.47 beta version from http://www.3dchipset.com in the drivers & utilities section. I'm using the 6.47 and it gave me 2~300 higher points in the 3DMarks2000.

Back