• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phenom II x6 1045t or FX 6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RQFumbles

Registered
Right now I have an Athlon II x4 640 oc at 3.6. I'm looking to upgrade and am looking at the 1045t and the FX 6300. I need something thats good for gaming and video rendering. Which one should I get?

Right now I have an Athlon II x4 640 oc at 3.6. I'm looking to upgrade and am looking at the 1045t and the FX 6300. I need something thats good for gaming and video rendering. Which one should I get?

the fx series are generally better then the phenoms(generally people) so i would say the 6300. but if your dropping money on a cpu .if you can budge out a couple more tens i would go with the 8320. which has 8 cores and better performance overall. the vishera processers are putting up solid numbers against intels i3's and 5's .but def the 6300 in your regard

The 6300 is a better choice. It's quite similar and generally better at the simple things(usually in x6 1100T territory) but it has a few more features that will make it a better performer in things that utilize them. Should you decide to overclock it the task will be easier because of the unlocked multiplier. Lastly, heavily overclocked power draws I've seen for the piledriver 8 cores in reviews have been lower than heavily overclocked Phenom II 6 cores, so the piledriver 6 core should be even better off.

By the way, you probably could have just stuck to the 1 thread in the AMD CPU section.

The FX 6300 is better of course, but if you have an AM3 board and will need to upgrade to AM3+, then it depends on how much you want to spend for the increase in improvement, and how much less time you'll want to wait for video rendering speeds- if that's your primary or secondary interest.

Back