• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 700@1071 - which H/S Fan to use...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wam

I can clock my PIII700 to 1072 with the Stock Intel H/S & Fan but the temperature are a little on the high side esp with the mini heat wave we have here in England!

Is it worth getting another H/S? By what can I expect temp to drop? At present I get 35c Idle and up to 55c under load!

Any advice or if you can point me in the direction of some fairly comprehensive views would be good.

Regards,

Wayne

Yeah if I were you I would definately try it. Since Intels run WAY cooler then the T Birds, I would prolly get a FOP38 (If you can stand the noise). They have very good performance for the price (About 20 bucks)

An Alpha Pep66 would be my heatsink of choice. You can chose a quiet fan and it will still be a very good heatsink. I don't like the FOP38 because its loud but a FOP32 is almost as good but the sound is bearable.

Back