• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

Hi again guys here I come with more problems xD.
So I just reseted pc from windows everything seemed fine until monitor just gave up and gone to sleep mode the one when Pc is shut off.
Minute or two later Pc hard resets itself... wtf. Also I run now on stock tried to put cpu back to some OC 4.1 gone up to login screen for few
seconds and restarted itself I am sure as hell it worked before... Whats goin on? Everything seems to be in order for now. I am thinking about
getting old HDD out because thats the oldest part in the system and windows is on it

Hmm sounds like a loose connection or something related to power. From your description it sounds like whenever you request more juice from the PSU, the system will black screen. Best bet is to check cables, and verify cooling is strapped down and doing its job. Next would be to check power output in BIOS.

What do you mean by power output in BIOS? Interesting thing is that even playing games like gtav don't show any problems...

In the BIOS there is always a means to see what the current voltage value is for given rails. Its usually under a tab called system status or some such.

Oh that one everything is as it should be I think, reports from hwinfo and hwmonitor shows same. I opened topic before this one had similar issues where I said that possible cause of problems is wifi adapter now how much is that possible I have no idea. It happens that windows drops it out and don't recognize it in meantime odd crap happens like Opera forbids access to browser saying that I dont have administrative privileges or locks up completely "not responding". Once I unplug device and plug it back in everything goes to normal... Same with restart shut down loops I had before. I scanned PC several times t found nothing I only had registry files screwed and I fixed those reg files

You budget 400w PSU is not helping your system at all. It's barely adequate.
Food for thought. ;)

I know that, but to happen it all out of sudden isn't that bit strange? If it is PSU wouldn't it brake under heavy load?

Hmm I think I gona change that adapter and then see if anything odd happens again. Since it always happens when it spazes out resets itself etc

Kinda of update: I found out that drivers are main issue with wifi card they tend to "brake and burn" every now and then cousing windows to spaz out reinstall fix that issue.
Since there are no official drivers for my card on win10 I have to deal with it or just go back to win7.

What about drivers for Win8/8.1? They aren't a guarantee, but I have read that they are to work with Win10. Same if there is no Windows7 driver: try a Win Vista driver. There is a fair chance of success because of similarities between the operating systems (Vista/Win7) (Win8/8.1/10)

No same thing happening there are some "homebrew" drivers for it still doing the same thing. Win7 also had problems with it but nothing like this whats happening now.
I will have to dig deep to find suitable adapter with more or similar power

Back