• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Yeong Yang Cube Server Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
Here are some of the pictures of my case in progress. This is going to be my first water cooling case.

Specs so far
Yeong Yang Black Server Case
MSI KT3 Ultra
AMD XP 2000 Palamino
Kingmax 512mb DDR400 (Red PCB)
Gainward GF4 MX440 128mb
NIC - Cheap at the moment. Want to get one of these
Silvermountain with 80mm fan
Eheim 1250
Dangerden Res
Digidoc 5
Seagate Barracuda 40gb ata100 7200rpm

Hoping to get the following:
Swiftech MCW5000
Swiftech MCW50

Undecided on radiator as yet.

I think this is going to one heck of a system, I've tested the board and ram upto 199fsb (Using a Duron 1gig and a old GF2). I've had the chip upto xp2200 rating in a different board, not sure what the video card can do yet.

Well on with the pics

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

Here are some pics of where I'm thinking of putting my res, you can just make out the end of the pump in the bottom corner of the pictures.

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

Last edited:
I WANT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOB SOB :0(

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehe

Sweet!

I picked up an antique :) HP cube server case recently and may have to water cool my duallie thanks to all the room.....

Not as good looking as yours, but about the same amount of space inside :)

sounds like a sweet rig other than the mx440... wut gives? why you cheap out on the vid card?

Logical then...

How well does the ATX power lead reach from the PSU to the motherboard? Easily, or is it a tight fit?

The reason I ask is because I'm considering one of these cases, but the ATX connector on my motherboard is just between the ram and the cpu, but at the top of the board, if you get my meaning... would the lead reach?

ImG

Oh yeah... forgot to mention! That is a sweet looking case! You might be able to do without a radiator if you used a large res... and you could get away with that, in a case that big. Apart from that, thats looking great! Good luck!

iamthegreatest said:
Logical then...

How well does the ATX power lead reach from the PSU to the motherboard? Easily, or is it a tight fit?

The reason I ask is because I'm considering one of these cases, but the ATX connector on my motherboard is just between the ram and the cpu, but at the top of the board, if you get my meaning... would the lead reach?

ImG

On the cheap PSU that is in there it just reachs. But if you were to use an enermax or something with a simalar lenght lead you would have no problems.

rugbyroy said:
I like it. I think you should clean up your wires a little bit, but other than that great job.

I plan to put a fake partion in the middle of the case to run all the wires up and for the tubing for the water coolingl.

Thats a good case for modding, however if i had the money, I'd get the megacube over at xoxide.

Great job on the mods!

Lazlo Panaflex said:
This Case Is My Next project!!! Nice work man, The window is very clean. Anything i should now before getting one of these cases?

Watercool the case, as the standard air flow is poor. It is heavy!!

The windows I had done by the shop I brought it from.

Good luck with the project, and make sure you post pics. :)

Ill have enough cash by the end of the month so thats when i expect to get one :) Im goin to the mod the case in every way i can since i already have a case im using and im in no rush. I wanted to to everything myself and learn as much as possible. Dont worry you guys will be the first to see the finished project! :) Oh yeah it will definetly be watercooled :D

Well, I finally got around to updating this project.

Cabling still needs to be worked on, general tidying up (back plates etc). CDRW needs painting.

Not sure about adding a Blue cold cathode on the motherboard side, what do people think?

What do people think I should do to help improve it?

A few additions:
Abit AN7
AMD XP 2400 + Mobile (Barton)
Creative Labs FX5600XT (256MB)

Here are some new pics.

Picture01.jpg

Picture02.jpg

Picture03.jpg

Picture04.jpg

Picture05.jpg

Picture06.jpg

Picture07.jpg

Picture08.jpg

Picture09.jpg

Picture10.jpg

Picture11.jpg

Picture12.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture14.jpg

Picture15.jpg

Have you thought about the wire management on the back of the case? where the PSU lives I mean. It's nice and neat at the front but maybe you could just do some routing around the edges and make it look slick :cool:

Depending on what you are gonna use it for (gaming , folding , ) .I would opt for the fx5700 , much better card , not much dif in price .

Back