• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about GF3 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thebzkt

Registered
I am purchasing a VisionTek GF3 sometime soon, and was wondering with what program I should use to OC it. Also what speed should I try to obtain and still remain stable (no crashes). Also any recommendations for video cooling would be nice.

Thanks

thebzkt (Jul 02, 2001 06:30 p.m.):
I am purchasing a VisionTek GF3 sometime soon, and was wondering with what program I should use to OC it. Also what speed should I try to obtain and still remain stable (no crashes). Also any recommendations for video cooling would be nice.

Thanks

NVmax should work fine. I've attached the program.

dont oc it yet. its a 400$ card and ull have no problem running any game out there on almost maximum quality. it will just kill the life of the card for no reason. wait until the card gets old and tired, then oc.

just my advice.

GET REAL MAN! GeForce3's are BUILT to overclock. If you get a GF3 and dont overclock it you need a slap. Have you ever seen the seriously excessive cooling on a GF3? For a factory setting of 200/460 that is silly.

My GeForce3 cost me two months pay and I still overclocked it on the first day. ATM it runs at a safe 220/500. I dont get any artifacting so I am happy.

Even though my GF3 is overclocked I still expect it to last 2-3 years even though Im sure that I would have replaced it with something better in a years time.

Games are getting more and more demanding. We are seeing that the video card is the bottleneck for more and more games too. The GF3 helps fps quite a bit with factory settings, but with the overclock the card is worshippable. I honestly wouldnt have been that impressed with my upgrade from a GTS2 32Mb card if I stayed at the geforce3s' 200/460 settings.

i did o/c my GeForce 3.
put it back to factory defaults...o/ced to run 3d mark2k/2k1
had it at 225/525
solid as a rock it was it was.
took it off cause i didn't want to shorten it's life any :-(

im not saying dont oc it at all, just not now. wait for those demanding games to come out. just my opinion.

Riva Tuner is another O/C utility that I have found very good. I agree w/ Pitspawn, you have a great GF3 card that was meant to be pushed. Have some fun w/ it.

Back