• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the VP6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just checked ABIT's website : http://www.ABIT.com.tw/english/index.htm.
They have a nice description of the board, and its features, but the Users Manual has not yet been posted. I was surprised. I wanted to know the answer to your question too. There seems to be a limited recent US availability, and I have been salivating
at the prospect. I had fun with the BP6 and dual celly 366's @ 550. The VP6 looked to be another nice package to play with.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

There is a site in the UK selling these primed for overclocking two up, so I imagine they must have it - check this out here

Notice the fine use of the comples hyperlink ultraboard language

I just finished a lot of research on the VP6 and the possibility of running two Celeron II's. Unfortuneately, the only chip you'll be able to use with the VP6 is a PIII. Intel designed the Celeron II without SMP capability so it won't support dual processing. The old celerons would, but no more :-(

Yes you can raise the voltage using the BIOS on the VP6 when in dual mode. The only 'limitation' is that there is only one voltage adjustment which adjusts both CPU's (i.e you can't adjust the voltage individually).

Chrisramseyer (Dec 18, 2000 10:39 p.m.):
I heard someone say that in dual mode it has no voltage adjustments...is this true?

The voltage is adjustable but must be the same for both cpu's.

Back