• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about L12 and War Mods for mobile Athlon XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Hello folks, I have a question about both of these mods. First of all, what exactly does the "war mod" do? I've read that the L12 mod eases chipset timings for running at 200 FSB and above, but I couldn't seem to find much about the war mod.

Second, are these mods required on a DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B? Will they even help? Also, if I am to do the mod, would a small piece of wire from the inside of a CAT5 cable work or do I need something thinner? Do I need to strip the wire? I've never done "in-socket" wire mods before. Thanks in advance for answering.

EDIT: ah okay, I did not look well enough. :) It seems that the War Mod is for increasing vcore during initial boot, something that the DFI boards may benefit from. I might try these tonight when I reinstall my mobile Barton.

Last edited:
Back