• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Anyone know how to dampen this DELTA 38? i know its an old topic but..... ive tried everything! 7v - spacers on the fan/heatsync- sound dampening material!
Any ideas welcome?
The Spyder-----------

Get a new fan? I am thinking of getting a quiet HS/Fan....My volcano7 @ 5000 rpm's is kinda loud...even w/ dampening material. I can only imagine your fan:eek:
Is the loud fan really worth it? I am thinking no...I will settle for temps in the 40's if it means a quieter rig. The loud fans take away the fun of having a kick *** rig. Of course now that I have a duct set up I could eliminate maybe two extra fans....we just need to tweak more or pray for more efficient cooling from quiet fans. Those fans are out there~~~~ARKURA628~~~~ and the new VOLCANO7+ has been getting good reviews..lets you adjust the fan rpm's manually, so you control the noise level!!

If you think it is too loud at 7V, chances are you will not find a fan to your liking that runs at 12V. The Delta 38 is pretty darned quiet at 7V.

Hoot

go get a swiftech or alpha heatsink (the 80mm swiftech) and add a 12dba papst fan on it. wont be able to oc but pretty damn quiet

im watercooling out of a bucket rite now, and WOW is that ever quiet, and i can oc like mad!

Back