• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 Agility 4 256gb x2 + Stripe size testing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

After installing my 2 Agility 4 256gb SSD in Raid0 and installing windows on it, i made some Anvil testing to post the score these drive can do on various forum. They are "value" drive and the performance were not crazy fast but it was OK. After my first anvil run i found that i installed these on Sata2 ports, so i shut down my PC and install the drive on Sata3 ports. Reboot and the score is better, i call it a day and post scores. PPL told me that they could perform better, after lots of testing nothing can improve my score... sadly. Today i decided to make a tons of test and after the test to make a fresh install, on sata3 ports and with the best stripe size i find.

Numbers now ! ! ! ! :)

This was my score with the drives plugged in Sata3 ports but "bugged" in sata2 speed.
Anvil_Raid0_agility4_256gb_sata3.jpg

I first of installed windows on my good old Vraptor 150gb to make these test easyer.

Tested both drive alone to be sure they are OK.
Agi4_disk1_anvil.jpg
Agi4_disk1_atto.jpg

Agi4_disk2_anvil.jpg
Agi4_disk2_atto.jpg

Stripe size testing with the drives secure erased. 16k-32k-64k-128k
Agi4_raid0_16k_anvil.jpg
Agi4_raid0_16k_atto.jpg

Agi4_raid0_32k_anvil.jpg
Agi4_raid0_32k_atto.jpg

Agi4_raid0_64k_anvil.jpg
Agi4_raid0_64k_atto.jpg

Agi4_raid0_128k_anvil.jpg
Agi4_raid0_128k_atto.jpg

And now, the tests after reinstalling windows on the Raid. I took the 128k stripe size.
Agi4_raid0_128k_anvil_windows.jpg
Agi4_raid0_128k_atto_windows.jpg

3hrs of geek happyness !

now lets finish my windows install since i formated, again !

Last edited:
I've been using OCZ SSDs for YEARS. Even the newer ones, after doing secure erase, the scores almost always go up.

I gave up on Raid-0 after the whole garbage collection days of the earlier gens. I got sick of having to clean things up. You're running these on your EVGA X79 FTW onboard sata, right?

Your read numbers in ATTO are very low. You really should see those scores double across the board.

I've been using OCZ SSDs for YEARS. Even the newer ones, after doing secure erase, the scores almost always go up.

I gave up on Raid-0 after the whole garbage collection days of the earlier gens. I got sick of having to clean things up. You're running these on your EVGA X79 FTW onboard sata, right?

My first SSD was X25-M ~3yrs ago, that i still use in my HTPC. Then i buyed an Agility 4 240gb, he is now in my GF Laptop. After my good experience, for the price, with the agility 2, i decided to go with the agility 4 since the price is very good and my goal is no to have a big Epeen .... Oa for my raid, yes im running of the 2 onboard Sata3 ports.

Your read numbers in ATTO are very low. You really should see those scores double across the board.

Scores are OK. The read are not that good on Agility 4 SSD. Im OK with these score and the are what i get after a secure erase on both drive with latest RSTe driver. I dont think i can go higher.

Both my Agility 4 have the same performance while alone and no OS on it. I found other X79 system with a 3820, like me, that have the same Read drop nearby 1024k test. (neoseeker as an exemple )

Maybe this have something to do with the X79 sata chipset. Everything is on latest driver/bios. I even took my final RSTe driver on intle website that have a newer one, EVGA provide an older driver.

Back