• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Reboots during games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkside

Registered
My computer has been seems to randomly reboot during WC3, it never happens during CS. How do My voltages look or is it something else? Whats you do guys think?

My system:
XP2000+ at 1.8ghz(prime stable, 3dmark tested)
MSI ti4600
Generic 350w PS
SB Live
Maxtor 60gb 7200prm
vcore 1.84 - 1.86

desktopidle.JPG
IDLE

desktopload.JPG
LOAD

What chipset is your motherboard based on? Have you run any benchmark programs to check for stability issues? Does it happen at any other time?

WEll considering the pictures aren't showing...My first guess would be your power supply. A VERY good 350Watt PSU would be fine...however since yours is generic it would preform about the same as a good 300Watt PSU. I'm not an expert on PSU's but I know that you need at least 400Watts to keep an 1800+ happy and since your in the 2000+ range...I'd check this question in the Case and PSU section. They will give you much better answers than I could ever give. :) Just hopen I can help a little...

Captain Slug said:
What chipset is your motherboard based on? Have you run any benchmark programs to check for stability issues? Does it happen at any other time?

Asus A7V333(via kt333) bios 1013
prime95 torture tested and benchmarked with 3dmark. It only happens on WC3 randomly.

check to see if you need a possible patch for the game?
Maybe the newer nvidia drivers did something? I would consider
doing these kinds of checks first before droppin 60-100 bucks for
a good true PSU.

How dare you!Look at all the crap im my computer on a 300watt psu!I'm not expert but i know its working :)! *chuckles*..my lil ol 300watt is still kickin it! :p.He plays on battlenet im guessing..it auto updates the game to the latest patch when u connect..blizzard and battlenet=pwnage :0

The same proplem hapens to me.
I have a will kk233 mobo
antex 400 watt psu
geforce 2 mx400
512 mb of gengic ram
32x lighton cdrw
1.13 ghz athlon tbrid @1.25ghz

I can play halflife mods and other games for hours and I play about a half hour to a hour and the game crashes out on me.

Should I see if there is any patchs for the game that I need?

Back