• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REFURB MOBILE Athlon XP 2500+ $79 Shipped--Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

REFURB MOBILE Athlon XP 2600+ $88 Shipped--Newegg

AMD 45W MOBILE Athlon XP 2500+, 1.88 GHz /266MHz BUS 256K, AXMH2500FQQ4C

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=19-103-401R&depa=99&type=Refurbish

"Limit 2 per Customer"

Better hurry...

Mobile 2500+'s are GONE -- Mobile 2600+'s are still available as of 4:10 pm central

Get Mobile Athlon 2600M's here:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=19-103-436R&depa=99&type=Refurbish

ALL Mobile XP's are GONE. However, other REFURB processors are still available:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ListProdu...nufactory=1028&description=&sortby=20&order=0

Last edited:
Refurbed Processors??

I didn't even knew that there were such things. I thought once they were fried they are nothing more than junk. I dunno if I would do that. I would just spend a few more bucks and get a retail processor. At least if something goes wrong with it you have a 3 year warrenty.

Mobius1 said:
Refurbed Processors??

I didn't even knew that there were such things. I thought once they were fried they are nothing more than junk. I dunno if I would do that. I would just spend a few more bucks and get a retail processor. At least if something goes wrong with it you have a 3 year warrenty.

Newegg offers 30 day DOA for processors.

mbigna said:

Newegg offers 30 day DOA for processors.

Oh ok I didn't know that. Seeing as how new oem mobile 2500 are close to $100 I would go for it. And if it is DOA ship it back to newegg

I noticed with video cards, and for some things it's a lot more. For instane the Ti4600s are now close to 200 when before they were like 130. I'm not sure what that's all about but I guess the newegg refurb pot of gold is now starting to tarnish.

MameXP said:
i have heard refurb price from newegg has gone up alot (20%-30%)

does anyone notice this?

Yes I did. The refurb NF7-S was $60 a few weeks ago. Now it's up to $77 and $79.

While I wouldn't do that (^ send it back), I'm a little disappointed with my 2500M from Newegg. I just got it last week, and it is doing 2.400, same speed as the 1700+ it replaced with significantly less voltage (1.8 vs 2.15). This is good, because I would have had to back off significantly on my 1700's overclock as the summer comes on here. The temperature routinely gets to over 90 degrees Fahrenheit in here

But just for the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could run it at 2.5. I had to jack the vcore to 2.1 to get it to load Windows! And it would still crash as soon as I tried to load 3D Mark 03.

Oh well, 2.4 will do. It will last me until I have the money and inclination to jump to 64 bit. I guess it really only suffers in comparison to my 1700+, which was the deal of the century for $48.00.

Xenocide said:
lets hope these are not just 2500s that people didn't like the steppings and sent them back!!!

They probably are. Where else could they get them? I dont see any major companies buying them for desktop machines then takung them apart and selling them as used.

They probably didn't OC well so they sent them back to get one that might be better.

Yeah I've noticed the refurb section jumping in price as well..........since i'm building a PC for a friend of mine I was watching it pretty closely. I noticed the the A7N8X-E dx went up to 91 when it was down to like 70-75.........so its not just you ;).

Don't buy those refurbed mobiles!!!!

Who else would have any reason to return that many working processors than overclockers who weren't satisfied with their results? If they weren't, I doubt you will.

Well, it's ~$10-15 less than the new one - if it actually is that bad, I'll just ship it back for $4 and get a new one :p

I would not touch those processors.

I bet 3 of those are MY returns.

Hey, they had ****ty steppings, LOL. :)

Back